Belgium Visa Processing Timeline and Documentation

AlexFromBelgium wrote:

The landlord has to scan the contract and send it to myrent.be
or he can still goes physically to the registration department of the province.

It should be the landlord job to do it. But you can also do it as some point.

there is any way to verify if rental contract is registered?

Hi Shuvam

Thank your for this information.

Do you have any knowledge whether this process for Work permit visa will remain same if one has a Professional card?

Regards
Suraj

Yes, it remains the same.

Hello ,

I have some queries regarding the Long term D visa while applying for self and dependent

1. I have the following in my work permit "Toelating tot arbeid met nummer 547200, heeft volgende geldigheidsperiode: van 01/04/2020 tot en met 31/03/2023"  ..can i give my first date of entry to belgium as 30.03.2020?

2.In the current occupation should i select "worker " and give my future organisation in belgium ? and for my spouse " accompanied housewife/partner"

3. Main purpose of travel should be " Paid work" for me and  for my wife "family reunion spouse worker art bis 2" ?

4. For stay financed by for me it is "visa applicant " but for my spouse if we give " refernce person" it asks for " is the person signed official document verified by host country ? what  is expected here as both are applying together

5. employer has provided a proof that we both will be covered for health insurance , so can i skip travel insurance or it is mandatory for 90 days?

I had VISA appointment today. Some imp pointers to be considered or may help you.
1. Please carry mail print from your employer with 2 approval copies ( From Feb second week, immigration dont send mail to employees directly ) - If you have dependent then please carry 2 copies for each application.
2. I was asked to submit medical reports too along with Medical Certificate for my spouse though, its not mentioned anywhere else.
3. Please carry at-least 7-8 copies of your and your spouse passport as it gets attached with your kid (if applicable)

I submitted passports today only when can I expect it to be delivered back with stamping?

I had VISA appointment today. Some imp pointers to be considered or may help you.
1. Please carry mail print from your employer with 2 approval copies ( From Feb second week, immigration dont send mail to employees directly ) - If you have dependent then please carry 2 copies for each application.
2. I was asked to submit medical reports too along with Medical Certificate for my spouse though, its not mentioned anywhere else.
3. Please carry at-least 7-8 copies of your and your spouse passport as it gets attached with your kid (if applicable)

I submitted passports today only when can I expect it to be delivered back with stamping?

rrg3005 wrote:

Hello ,

I have some queries regarding the Long term D visa while applying for self and dependent

1. I have the following in my work permit "Toelating tot arbeid met nummer 547200, heeft volgende geldigheidsperiode: van 01/04/2020 tot en met 31/03/2023"  ..can i give my first date of entry to belgium as 30.03.2020?

2.In the current occupation should i select "worker " and give my future organisation in belgium ? and for my spouse " accompanied housewife/partner"

3. Main purpose of travel should be " Paid work" for me and  for my wife "family reunion spouse worker art bis 2" ?

4. For stay financed by for me it is "visa applicant " but for my spouse if we give " refernce person" it asks for " is the person signed official document verified by host country ? what  is expected here as both are applying together

5. employer has provided a proof that we both will be covered for health insurance , so can i skip travel insurance or it is mandatory for 90 days?

Anish can you help me out here

These questions are answered. You just need to take time to search and read.

Hi There,
Above information is quite helpful to understand the process and processing time for Visa application.

I have few questions related to time lines. My future employer has filed for Blue Card, Which got approved on last week of Jan. But since than i have not received any communication from embassy for further visa related procedure.

Please let me know if someone is aware of process timelines in case of blue card.

I think you need to apply for a visa with the blue card. It is for single permit that the file is routed to your consulate.

Thanks Aneesh for reply.

Yes that was my thought process but employer told me that i will get an invitation from the embassy for VISA Application. Employer still telling the same thing, I am not sure whether is should wait for contact embassy for the same.

Hi, I need to apply for a D visa at an office in Istanbul, do you have any information about how long the application process takes place, while my appendix 46 says that a D visa should be issued immediately?

Normally (if the file is complete, and documentation is perfect), it should be quite fast (3 working days or so).

Hi ,

I am also in the similar situation like you. Received the Blue Card(work permit) approval on 23rd Jan.Waiting for the immigration approval ( annex 46).My employer also saying the same thing to wait for the approval and there is no way they can check it on their end .I also contacted the Belgium Immigration office today and they only said that the process takes 2 to 4 months so to wait till then .So ,lets wait  and hope to receive it soon.

abaryac001 wrote:

Hi There,
Above information is quite helpful to understand the process and processing time for Visa application.

I have few questions related to time lines. My future employer has filed for Blue Card, Which got approved on last week of Jan. But since than i have not received any communication from embassy for further visa related procedure.

Please let me know if someone is aware of process timelines in case of blue card.

Hi ,

I am also in the similar situation like you. Received the Blue Card(work permit) approval on 23rd Jan.Waiting for the immigration approval ( annex 46).My employer also saying the same thing to wait for the approval and there is no way they can check it on their end .I also contacted the Belgium Immigration office today and they only said that the process takes 2 to 4 months so to wait till then .So ,lets wait  and hope to receive it soon.

Hi All,

I have received my Annexure 46 today.

I have the offer provided with the employer with the start date as 1st of February.

Do i need updated offer letter with new start date for applying visa, or can I submit the old one itself ?

Also I am applying Visa for my wife too. Is any invitation letter is needed from the employer for the same ?

R

You can use the existing offer letter.

For documentation of dependent visa, there are many threads in this forum which discusses that.

Hi,

I have seen folks here stating that Medical certificate format for dependent visa is different compared to Work permit holder.

But, I do see it is same for both in the Immigration Website. Medical Certificate Document Reference URL - https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Docu … ficate.pdf

Please do suggest, if something has changed recently or am referring in a different place.

Regards,
Sandeep

There is a field in visa application called Financing stay. Should I Select self or Company ?

Will VFS Belgium gives appointment in walk-in ? As appointment available in online only on Friday. I need it bit earlier. Is it possible ?

Hi Shivam,

Thanks a lot for the detailed information. I have some confusion regarding the below 2 documents

15. Marriage Certificate -> (duly legalized) : Did they demanded for recently issued marriage certificate? I have heard the marriage certificate needs to be re-issued again and then needs to be apostiled. My marriage certificate was issued in 2013 and the officials are denying to re-issue it again with current issue date.

16. Birth certificate -> (duly legalized) : Same thing I have heard about birth certificate.

Thanks,
Tushar

You could have divorced/be widow since 2013, so in order to know your current status, you need to provide recent official certificate (less than 6 months) from your administration + apostiled from your foreign minister.

Best practice: get these papers 1 month before the visa application + apostiled)

And they cannot deny issuing you a new copy. What if you had lost the original certificate ?

In some Indian states, you can download an e-signed copy of birth and marriage certificate. This, after apostille, is accepted.

Dear Aneesh
Due to the corona virus we will need to move in the next 30 days from here to Belgium A(where my husband lives). It take 6 months for family reunion visa to come through. Is there a possiblity if we get there on visit visa then internally we can apply for family reunification visa?

Thanks

Violet

Hi,

I got my work permit approval on 23rd January and currently awaiting confirmation from Belgium Immigration department with annexe 46 to apply for visa.
Does anyone know if immigration office is currently processing old visa requests and sending annexe 46 email. I tried calling them but no one is picking the call and also no one is responding on mail.

Right now, all non-emergency govt operations are at halt.

Thanks Aneesh. My question was, once things get back to normal, is that an option to apply for family reunification visa while in Belgium on visitors visa (Shengan)?

It depends on the nationality of your husband, if he's from EU, then yes you can.

If your husband is non-EU, you must already have an A card to do a family reunion from Belgium, have a visa-free passport, have a visa to get married/signed a legal cohabitation or exceptional circumstances that do not allow you to come back to your country to do the visa request (war, ...).

Which is not your case... => you must do a family reunion from abroad.

Thank you :))

Hi there,
I am a Canadian moving from Canada to Antwerp.
I will be getting a professional card - application nearly submitted.
I am moving with my Canadian born Fiance.
Hoping to move over in July.
Would be renting.

Please help with what further process we need, Visa D for residence?
Anything you can provide will be great

niharika_19 wrote:

Hi,

I got my work permit approval on 23rd January and currently awaiting confirmation from Belgium Immigration department with annexe 46 to apply for visa.
Does anyone know if immigration office is currently processing old visa requests and sending annexe 46 email. I tried calling them but no one is picking the call and also no one is responding on mail.

The examination of visa applications already submitted continues. However, in the event of a positive decision, the visa will not be issued immediately, unless the applicant has an essential function or an essential need.
https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Pages/home.aspx

Looks they will examine visa applications but will only grant visa once situation gets better.

Hi,

I just have one question regarding health insurance for dependents (wife). My wife is pregnant and we are planning to apply for a visa together after I get the work permit. The company I am joining ensures that health insurance is covered for both of us. Is there a wait time after reaching Belgium till which your wife is not covered under health insurance? I hope I asked the question clearly. Let me know. Also,

She will be covered from the day you start employment, but it will take time for her to get the medi-card, etc. If you have to spend something on healthcare before her subscription to mutuality is completed, you may have to do that on your own and possible to reimburse later.

A good idea is to buy a travel medical insurance to cover initial 3 months covering the travel dates and the initial settling down time.

Thank you for your information.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my lead time with A-Type card and D-Type card process.

A-Type card approved in 3 weeks + 1 week to actually collect the card (PIN + PUK arrival)
D-Type card approved in 1 week

Ofcourse, because you need to actually book an appointment instead of just walk-in due to COVID-19, it may be longer in general.

Cheers,
N

Hello everyone. My name is Ashish and I am an Indian citizen.

I had a question if any of you would be kind to share your views. I have been issued a Single permit (code B34)on 27th March 2020.

Due to the Covid-19 situation, the Belgium embassy in Delhi is not accepting any such visa applications. However, my annexure 46 document says that I have 6 months deadline to apply for visa D.

Does anyone know what happens in the case 6 months pass and the Belgium embassy still keeps the process closed?

Thanks.

Asachdeva wrote:

Hello everyone. My name is Ashish and I am an Indian citizen.

I had a question if any of you would be kind to share your views. I have been issued a Single permit (code B34)on 27th March 2020.

Due to the Covid-19 situation, the Belgium embassy in Delhi is not accepting any such visa applications. However, my annexure 46 document says that I have 6 months deadline to apply for visa D.

Does anyone know what happens in the case 6 months pass and the Belgium embassy still keeps the process closed?

Thanks.

Best to email the embassy and check.

I expect that in these difficult times due to Corona they would be more lenient for time related guidelines.

Cheers,
Nish

Does anyone changed job recently in Belgium and can share the work permit timeline

I know this is 'crystal ball' territory...but wondering if there is any sense on when embassies/consulates will be starting to interview/process long stay Visas? Right now the  websites say "For the time being and until further notice, Belgian embassies and consulates no longer accept any visa applications and no longer issue visas, except in exceptional cases (essential travel)."  and "Application for temporary residency without gainful occupation (!!! CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!!!)"

As we were/are hoping to get the ball rolling to retire and move to Antwerp (which of course is being accelerated by work being...non existent to precarious at best)... Everything is a mess (made worse by the US's idiocy sadly...).

So curious/"desperate for any crumb of info"

Treehorn wrote:

I know this is 'crystal ball' territory...but wondering if there is any sense on when embassies/consulates will be starting to interview/process long stay Visas? Right now the  websites say "For the time being and until further notice, Belgian embassies and consulates no longer accept any visa applications and no longer issue visas, except in exceptional cases (essential travel)."  and "Application for temporary residency without gainful occupation (!!! CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!!!)"

As we were/are hoping to get the ball rolling to retire and move to Antwerp (which of course is being accelerated by work being...non existent to precarious at best)... Everything is a mess (made worse by the US's idiocy sadly...).

So curious/"desperate for any crumb of info"

This week news are little depressing, things were going to "normal", but this week Belgium went back again and applied more restrict measures. Antwerp is in a "almost-lockdown" state, with a Curfew from 11.30 pm to 6 am. 

I would expect a more steady situation in september, but it will really depend on your country. Some countries are processing the visa normally (slooowly).