Belgium Visa Processing Timeline and Documentation

nareshmk wrote:

Hi, my belgium longterm D work permit application was submitted on 12-02-2019. Still I didnt get any letter . Its alomot 2.5 months gone but no news.

That means my application has rejected or?

Please guide me. Thanks.

I am enquiring contentiously with my employer but they were saying they also dont get any response from their relocation agent.

If your application had been rejected you would still be informed, a visa can take 3 months may be a bit longer. No one here can give you an exact time as we are not government officials.

even i receive neither work permit not residence. thats why little confusion and anxioty.

Just wait..

still no update. 3 months as of today

HI

I am giving my condition plaese giude,

i m living in india and my girlfriend in presently working in belgium and she belonging from poland,

i applied for visiting visa but they denied now we are planing to get married in india and after that i will apply for spouse visa ,
my question is ..
1-> can i apply spouse visa in poland too  or it is important to apply for belgium becuase belgium immigration office work little slow and once they denied thats why  i am little scared.

2-> Can i apply for spouse visa after getting married mean within month of married.

3-> if some one else sponsore me in poland. can i get marriage after getting my visa with my girlfriend .

if yes,so how quick i can go to belgium with her .

3(a)-if my girlfriend"s sister sponsor me then how many days i should mention on my visa application to visit her.

if you have any other solution for this satuation please help me.

thank you......

First: which type of Visa you are talking about? Short stay or long stay Visa? Second: you have to know why the Visa denied, maybe there is missing information or paper, then you can submitted again with the supporting documents.

Thank for your reply.
I was applied short stay visa and yes I m waiting for denied paper from immigration office.

Dear nabila
Can you explain all my doubt what I mentioned above please

No one can explain "all". we are no immigration consultants. Please take time to do your own research and come with specific questions, then someone can provide you suggestions. The expectation must not be someone to do full research on your situation and provide solutions. Sorry to say :(

Thank sir :)

Hello,
Thanks for this good and correct information
Can you please let me know where we can apply for SDM attestation and how much time it takes for processing?

SDM or MEA ?

Hello Aneesh

Thanks for your reply
I have been told to do below document with SDM attestation followed by MEA apostille

1. Degree Certificate
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Birth certificate (Wife + kid)

Also one more question for Belgium Visa do we take fresh copy of birth certificate?

Yes, you need to get a fresh copy. All about apostille is here:

https://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm

There you can see the list of approved agents. They will help you with all required attestations and apostille.

Hello Aneesh,

Thanks for this information.

I also have question with regards to Medical certificate.

I have submitted 3 original copies of medical certificate with my employer for Work Permit.

Again for Visa I have been told submit the medical certificate by VFS. Do i need to do medical checkup again or scan copy with be OK?

How is the processing actually for medical certificate ?

For vfs you can just share the copy of the original medical; that should be fine n enough;

But the original copies are not with me aa they have couriered and I only have scan copies.

Will that be OK??

First of all, original and copies has completely different meaning :)

print out the scanned document and it becomes a "copy" of the "original". Makes sense ?

For future. Before sending any "original" document to anyone, it is always good to keep a "photocopy" or a high resolution "scanned copy" of that document. In your case, you have a scanned copy, if it is of good quality, it is good.

Thanks Aneesh and sorry for the childish question asked :)

Hello everyone
##Aneesh sir
I got my visa rejection latter. It was visiting visa for short stay and my friend declare to be my sponsor. The original date of travel (also mentioned in my friend's invitation letter) is expired now but we have time to appeal. Besides of my appeal petition is it necessary for my friend to write invitation letter again with new date of visit ? Should I also mention new traveling dates in my appeal letter?

What is the reason for rejection ?

Hello Aneesh,
I have taken fresh copy of birth cert for my wife and child
Do I need take fresh copy of marriage certificate also?

Yes, it is good to get fresh copies of marriage cert too.

Hi, these are really useful information.
I have a question regarding the required accommodation. I will come with my wife and two children. I plan to rent a temporary accommodation for 1-2 months at the beginning. but I am not sure what are the conditions  I should consider for this. are there obligations for the number of rooms, living area, etc.? Thank you for the help

there is a thread that discussed this, if you can take time to search.

Hello,

My work permit has been applied for almost 5 weeks now. do you have an idea how much more time it will to take get the work permit

Hi All,

In the same line of discussion, I needed some help. It would be great if one of you can help.

I have got an offer from a company in Brussels. The prospective employer had asked me for the documents to apply for work permit. I have submitted(couriered and received by the employer on official company address) all the documents.

And now the HR has got back saying that I need to pay the work permit fee of 358euros to beneficiary fod binnenlandse zaken dienst vreemdelingenzaken .

Did any of you who've already applied for the work permit have had to pay the "work permit fee"? Is there a link on the official website where I can find more information.

Shouldn't the work permit be solely employers responsibility.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
Normally all the work for work permit is done by employer. We have to submit the required documents. Even the payment for work permit is done by employer. But your case you can check if they will refund you once the work permit is done.

Thanks. Will check with them.

Hi All,

I currently reside in Bangalore. My employer is asking for Belgian Embassy in India to which they can send  the official documents http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/service … tes_abroad

Which embassy should I choose? Please suggest an embassy which does faster processing and has fewer rejections.

Regards,
Bindu

You have to choose Mumbai.

The government have made the procedure at least 4 months.  To prevent people from coming to belgium, utilizing the 90 day free stay period while applying for a work permit.

Hello everyone,

I got my single permit approved a few days ago and I have booked an appointment at VFS Center, Chennai. (I am an Indian, BTW) by providing basic details in VFS's application form. My query is whether I have to fill-up a separate application form in the portal " Visa Application for Belgium" and use it as a back-up when I go for my visa appointment?

Appreciate inputs!

Best,

From what I understand the Single Permit is a Residency Permit/Visa + Work Permit.

Narendran Kumar wrote:

Hello everyone,

I got my single permit approved a few days ago and I have booked an appointment at VFS Center, Chennai. (I am an Indian, BTW) by providing basic details in VFS's application form. My query is whether I have to fill-up a separate application form in the portal " Visa Application for Belgium" and use it as a back-up when I go for my visa appointment?

Appreciate inputs!

Best,

Hi,

In my case, I submitted an application letter online, then printed that and signed it and gave to the consulate in the embassy of Belgium in Paris. I did not give my documents to VFS so I do not know if it is different or not, but I received my visa right away.

Good luck

I am currently in USA moving to Belgium with my employer.
3rd party immigration company is asking my employer for Social security certificate of Coverage from the US for the single permit application for Belgium. I understand this certificate is going to take a long time to arrive so my single permit application cannot be filed till then. But no where on this forum or on Belgium consulate website I have seen that this certificate is required for the application.

Can anyone please confirm if this certificate was required for your process or not?
thanks

gskataria1 wrote:

I am currently in USA moving to Belgium with my employer.
3rd party immigration company is asking my employer for Social security certificate of Coverage from the US for the single permit application for Belgium. I understand this certificate is going to take a long time to arrive so my single permit application cannot be filed till then. But no where on this forum or on Belgium consulate website I have seen that this certificate is required for the application.

Can anyone please confirm if this certificate was required for your process or not?
thanks

This is the first time I hear about this. Is your employer a Belgian company? As far as I know, you have to pay about 13 % of your gross salary for Social security coverage in Belgium. So maybe it is because your employer is not Belgian, or you are not going to be covered in Belgium.

Good luck,

1. Do we have to apply  PCC from passport office? I applied from "karnataka.one" which I got from "superintendent of police bangalore". Is it ok or not?

shivamgrover21 wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience in getting the long term D visa for Belgium.
I had tons of questions for the visa application, but this forum and the responses from people have been of great help. Mostly though AneeshKs's responses were our savior and I am really thankful for those.

We received the work permit from the employer in a month and below documents were required:
1. Degree Certificate
2. Contract Document
3. Photographs
4. Medical Certificate - > through a accredited doctor and in the required format (not required to be legalized)

After we received the work permit, we gathered the below documents ourselves and from the employer:

----- 3 exact sets of the below documents were required (one with original, rest two copies -----

Primary Candidate (W.P Holder):
1. Passport Copy
2. Previous Schengen Visas
3. Application form (is now filled online)
4. Photographs
5. Language Form
6. Work Permit
7. Medical Certificate (the one used for W.P)
8. PCC Certificate (got through Passport office and duly legalized)
9. Admin Payment Proof.
10. Visa Fee

Dependent Spouse :

1. Passport Copy
2. Previous Schengen Visas
3. Application form (is now filled online)
4. Photographs -> they told to remove the spectacles.
5. Language Form
6. Work Permit Copy
7. Medical Certificate -> got for the same doctor -> format was different for spouse since work permit format is only required for primary applicant.
8. PCC Certificate (got through Passport office and duly legalized)
9. Admin Payment Proof.
10. Visa Fee
11. Contract Copy
12. Medical Certificate  - > through a accredited doctor and in the required format (not required to be legalized)
13. Housing Document -> got a temporary contact
14. Health Care statement -> statement from insurance company or the employer confirming that you will be covered in Belgium for medical costs.
15. Marriage Certificate -> (duly legalized)
16. Birth certificate -> (duly legalized)

We applied for the Visa together.
The primary applicant requested for one year validity.
VFS Person suggested that the dependent spouse apply for 6 months else there are chances that the application will be sent to Belgium and it will take a lot of time.

Note : Legalization required -> Notary Stamp -> SDM Attestation -> Apostile Stamp from MEA.
PCC only required MEA Apostile

We got the visa in 3 working days (Including submission and collection)

I hope someone will find this information helpful and good luck to the applicants.

I have a question:
I got the work permit, but i did not get single permit. as the process got change I think I can not apply for visa with work permit?

My daughter is 3yrs old . Do i have to apply for PCC for her for long term visa?