Staying in NL while waiting MVV Visa ( from France )

Hello everyone

I read somewhere that I am not allowed to stay in the NL while waiting for result but I am currently living in France and having residence permit there. My partner started the MVV process and I have a couple of questions that

1. Will it be possible for me to stay in NL while waiting for the result?
2. What if I am waiting in the NL for waiting and we get a positive answer? It is possible for me to fly back to Paris to receive the MVV visa or it is better to use the train ( so the airline won't have my passport info to prove that I am staying in the NL during the waiting period )

What is your idea ?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The rules say that you may not travel to Holland while your MVV is being processed; so the answer to both questions is no, you can't.

That said, the borders between France and Holland are pretty much unmanned these days and your French residence permit with a passport acts as a Schengen visa for 90 days; the difficulty will come when you try to register or have any interaction with the Dutch state, or even if you fall ill and end up in hospital, you will have no medical insurance; in that instance, you could find yourself deported (worse case).

My advice is to have patience and wait for the maximum of 90-days it will take to get your MVV.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team