Success opening Bank Account on new protocolo?

Big Tex, I know there's all kinds of things to kill one here from the Jaguar to that Lil flipn mosquito, I will see what's what, I have bank statements and my 1099s in tow. I quit eating Pacific Salmon after Fukushima and will soon finish with the Atlantic, maybe head in land for fish and no Mineus G... to many mine disasters. I droped my Ex and she was from Canada and not Texas (lol) dropping her was a blessing from my insurance and got back $250.00 per month, that will help me with the bank....lol ....

Today I will kick this Horse and see it is alive or DOA. I have note Registry of address, 1099 and Bank Statements all applicable identifications and will be present,smile a lot, carry translator and if all else fails will find someone who walks,talks,speaks and understand Americano.

I will post my results later today, so I will begin with Bradesco or Banco De Brasil which ever appears first in my walk about, Ciaxi Friday.

...hey anybody know how much the first deposit amount is ???? Get back at me the bank opens at 10 am in my time zone......

Best of luck. Do not recall having deposit at first. Had bank to bank transfer done next day.

Bradesco did not require an initial bank deposit upon opening my account.
This bank by the way has a lot of correspondent banks in the USA.

Big Tex and Dr.robal, thanks for the info, one day let's meet say in Alaska and have a adult beverage and you two can leave town the same day (just kidding talvez) rotflmao. ...I'll invite a Bull moose and 3 bears....a Polar,a Black and Kodiak Brown Grizzly there equal opportunity man eaters....lol

I will keep you posted.
Do the banks work with Credit Unions???

I do not think any BR banks "work with US banks, not sure as to CU. Think Craig777 has info on CU's.
I spoke with BoB, Santander, and HSBC before moving here. Only HSBC had international bank to bank options. Others said they were separate and no ties with Banks in BR.
Thanks for the invite, but getting me to Alaska, you might as well fight a bear. Maybe Robert Redford would come!

Okay I got a account at Caixa today, hip,hop, hooray. I made it to Bradesco and because I am "Special" I was requested to return on March 8 at 9pm, Humm the bank does not open til 10am. I must be really,really,really Special. Friday BoB is the target...I'll let y'all know how that goes. Caixa required a deposit. My letter from my sponsor served with the registry stamp as proof of residence, no concern of income Caixa, seems both stops today were only interested in CPF and Residency Card that orange colored card the one "Permanente" ...
Big Tex no problem, I got Chuck Norris and Steven Segal .

Alaska is great for me if you bring me to a good King Salmon fishing ground. You can invite those favorite creatures of yours but leave me to the bull moose for my Colt .223 and the Kodiak brown I´ll leave it to you and the black and polar to Tex as the color combination seems very nice! Silvester Stallone - you forgot...

Alascana wrote:

Okay I got a account at Caixa today, hip,hop, hooray. I made it to Bradesco and because I am "Special" I was requested to return on March 8 at 9pm, Humm the bank does not open til 10am. I must be really,really,really Special. Friday BoB is the target...I'll let y'all know how that goes. Caixa required a deposit. My letter from my sponsor served with the registry stamp as proof of residence, no concern of income Caixa, seems both stops today were only interested in CPF and Residency Card that orange colored card the one "Permanente" ...
Big Tex no problem, I got Chuck Norris and Steven Segal .

9pm March 8? That must be a bar appt. Caixa is govt and makes real estate financing, so an acct with them is beneficial if you´re planning to finance a real estate.It´s also very common especially in remote areas.

Reply Quote
Texanbrazil
Texanbrazil Yesterday 16:46:47 Report #46
189 posts Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná
I do not think any BR banks "work with US banks, not sure as to CU. Think Craig777 has info on CU's.
I spoke with BoB, Santander, and HSBC before moving here. Only HSBC had international bank to bank options. Others said they were separate and no ties with Banks in BR.
Thanks for the invite, but getting me to Alaska, you might as well fight a bear. Maybe Robert Redford would come!

If you have a Prime acct with HSBC, yes a bank to bank transfer is possible but they require a $100,000 minimum in your acct (if my memory doesn´t fail me). Very nice acct since you can see your accts together instantaneously in one screen. BUT HSBC has been sold to Bradesco in Brazil!

If your US account is a correspondent bank with the local bank in Brazil then they can work together for wire transfers. Be sure though to ask the BR bank ahead of time if
they are a correspondent bank to your US bank.

Nick Cage and John Wayne conflict in schedule,Steven Segall on the docket and AL Pacino  for the meet up (smh), the bears are easy, the Kings elusive.Bull Winkle a feast.  Yup the Colors are "Brazilian"(kkk).
Did you know there are Hybrid Bears now, the Polar are being misplaced lack of food and Ice and mating with the Blacks and Browns, I guess they will be called "Champagne" we get a "Panda"...

I will take a shot at Opening account with Bob today and post ny findings and results. What I did with Caixa is I returned to the one nearest the apartment and worked with the same person (no sexism here) and everything went smoothly the account took maybe 10 minutes about the same time as a US bank.  The account person looked at my 1099s and Bank statements, only interested in Residency Card and CPF and Registry of address. I also took a current Energy Bill with my sponsors name and address. Thanks for the help

For future planning though, especially if you plan to travel or even move to Europe,
Santander is everywhere in that geographical area and I used that bank when I was stationed in Spain for 6 years.

You find that bank in Poland to Portugal to the Netherlands etc...

robal

robal, Right on Bradesco is one part of the want,needs and desire group, for I want the house.
Thanks for that nugget....

If you´re linking your SS pension with the local bank, make sure that you´re already receiving your money at the BR bank before cancelling any US account linked to that pension.

Congrats on new account Big A.
Still pass on the cold weather. Believe Outono  arrived early. It is about 10 degrees cooler here since a week ago. Time to plan a Vegas or Fla. trip

Big T, thanks for the help...okay you can have a kitchen pass on Alaska, I can offer you Fairbanks late July,August they hit 90 some days. One year 105 in "Northway" it's little town about 100 miles from the Canadian border....
Yeah, I may try BOB today for a differant account and credit card or maybe a cold one and call it a day...lol...