Brexit Q & A

https://scontent.fvie1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51855853_2485251851504084_2259185654195814400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie1-1.fna&oh=9a24103e3ef349fd203085f274878853&oe=5CE2753E

SAVE THE DATE ***March Town Hall Meeting For UK Nationals in Hungary***
On 7 March from 18:00 Ambassador Iain Lindsay and Mr Szabolcs Takács, Minister of State for EU Policies at the Prime Minister's Office of Hungary will give you an update on what you need to do to secure your status in Hungary following the UK's departure from the European Union. At the event, you will have the opportunity to ask questions. More details will follow. Registration will be open from next week.

SimCityAT wrote:

[img align=C]https://scontent.fvie1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51855853_2485251851504084_2259185654195814400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie1-1.fna&oh=9a24103e3ef349fd203085f274878853&oe=5CE2753E[/url]

SAVE THE DATE ***March Town Hall Meeting For UK Nationals in Hungary***
On 7 March from 18:00 Ambassador Iain Lindsay and Mr Szabolcs Takács, Minister of State for EU Policies at the Prime Minister's Office of Hungary will give you an update on what you need to do to secure your status in Hungary following the UK's departure from the European Union. At the event, you will have the opportunity to ask questions. More details will follow. Registration will be open from next week.

Judging by the anger  last time, I think those two will need to wear crash helmets.  Szabolcs as a name reminds me of the word shambolic.  Nothing provided to hang your hat or crash helmet on. 

Ambassador does the silly diplomatic dance about how much helpfulness the Min. State has provided which is basically nothing written up on the BMBAH web site (last time I looked anyway).

From HMG Ambassador's protected perspective it might seem fine but those with more involvement in the subject matter, we've got nothing substantial.  Poland and Czech Reps have  said they will enact special legislation.  There's nothing of substance from the Govt of Hungary.   I take that as passing the buck to the EU and that they don't actually care,   Moreover, they are expecting the HU citizens in the UK to return, therefore satisfying OVs "Gilead" plan.

UPDATE

***Message from the British Ambassador to UK nationals – March Town Hall Meeting POSTPONED***
Ambassador Lindsay's video message: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2262140517333647

The Town Hall meeting scheduled for 7 March will be postponed to a later date. We will confirm the new date as soon as possible. Thank you to those who have submitted questions for the event, which we will include in the postponed event. But do keep your questions coming! In order to prepare for all scenarios regarding the UK's exit from the EU, the Hungarian government advises that you register with the local Immigration and Asylum Office by 29 March 2019, if you have not already done so. You can further details on our Living in Hungary Guide

SimCityAT wrote:

UPDATE

***Message from the British Ambassador to UK nationals – March Town Hall Meeting POSTPONED***
Ambassador Lindsay's video message: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2262140517333647

The Town Hall meeting scheduled for 7 March will be postponed to a later date. We will confirm the new date as soon as possible. Thank you to those who have submitted questions for the event, which we will include in the postponed event. But do keep your questions coming! In order to prepare for all scenarios regarding the UK's exit from the EU, the Hungarian government advises that you register with the local Immigration and Asylum Office by 29 March 2019, if you have not already done so. You can further details on our Living in Hungary Guide

Good info.

Clicking here might be better.

I wonder if it's postponed until 23.59 on the 29th March?

I like the Union Jack cushions on the Brexit couch in the video.

SimCityAT wrote:

UPDATE

That remindeds me.... I need to get more popcorn if I am to continue to watch this show.  :D

But my time is of course limited.

Netanyahu, Donald, meltdown of the Republican party, that little fat guy north of Seoul, Italy.etc. etc. etc. So much to watch. So little time. Maybe not enough popcorn in the world. I may need to grow my own.  :cool:

klsallee wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

UPDATE

That remindeds me.... I need to get more popcorn if I am to continue to watch this show.  :D

But my time is of course limited.

Netanyahu, Donald, meltdown of the Republican party, that little fat guy north of Seoul, Italy.etc. etc. etc. So much to watch. So little time. Maybe not enough popcorn in the world. I may need to grow my own.  :cool:

I dunno, people are so bored with Brexit now  it seems to hardly make the mainstream news. 

The only significant news I had was that the Kim Jong-un impersonator was deported from Vietnam and that someone had lost a handcrafted £15K Donald Trump wig in a London taxi.