Roommate Wanted

Hallo, I m from Netherlands, looking for for a shared accomodation, I ll be staying in Indonesia for 4 months starting from March 2019. Need advise and if you have a place and need a roommate, contact me, thanks!

Indonesia is pretty big in terms of size of country so it might help if you say where you are planning to be.

I would advise caution about staying at random strangers houses without meeting them first.

Jakarta will be my choice, and thank you for replying.

Thats what I m afraid of, but I hope knowing through phone will be enough at first.

Any tips?

Couch surfing is a place to start should it still be working. Your county's embassy may have details or links to help.

Its a long way to come to share a place with a stranger though. It might be wiser to start out in a hostel or using ariy rooms, red doors or zen hotels to start if you are on a budget.

lukereg wrote:

I would advise caution about staying at random strangers houses without meeting them first.

Quality advice

By the way, Luke, do foreigners still have to report to their local police station withing 24 hours of moving in to a new address?

I think if a foreigner moves into a location then they need to inform the local street head and see what is needed. I am registered with 4 offices here (street head, area offices, district office and Immigration) and have not been asked to collect a police letter but have been told that I might need to if required. As usual it depends on the location. Making contact with the street head is the right thing to do however if a person is staying somewhere for over say 5 days.

I found this the other day

https://www.indonesia-investments.com/n … /item9084?

Depending upon the OP's requirements, she might well find a cheap enough place without sharing.
Kos aren't for everyone but good ones, even in Jakarta, can be less than a million/month.

My teachers use a kost and they pay 10jt every 3 months for a private, all female kost with live in family as housekeepers and guards. It has a roof top seating area, nice kitchen and hotel standard rooms with ensuite as well free WiFi and hbo TV channels, and it's also just very nice.
Kosts are everywhere but you have to be boots on the ground to see them and then know the difference between quality and being ripped off.

Hi I m Genevieve Maria Rosalin
I am from Indonesia and I live in South Jakarta , together with my very slow motion cat... :)

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Guesthouses are not that expensive. I enjoyed my stay at Aphrodite Residence west of Jl. Fatmawati. It had a small swimming pool and airco in the room. You meet lots of people that stay for 1-2 weeks as well as long-stay residents. Before I stayed at a guest house in Jl. Radio Dalam, which only had a fan and itchy beds. The first place i stayed in was a hotel with a noisy night club at the cellar in the Kemang area. That area is great to meet easy going expats.

HI Marry Anne.
Check you mailbox here for getting details of my proposal to join me as roommate. Thanks!