Tier 2 spouse visa

My partner and I moved to the UK a year an half ago because of his work.
He was sponsored by a company to come work in the UK and I received a tier 2 spouse visa so I can come along with him and be able to work.
I do have a job now but my partner wants to go back to Canada earlier than anticipated while my contract is still valid at work.
Since my visa is linked to him here in the UK, can I still stay until my contract is over in September or I will lose my authorization to work as soon as he leaves in 3 weeks?
The company I work for cannot sponsor me. They have hired me based on the fact that I am already authorized to work in the UK because of my spouse visa.
Can you advice me on what I can do to remain until the end of my contract.
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I think you've answered your own question; you will lose your authorisation to live in the UK as soon as your partner leaves the UK, so you can't work in the UK under those circumstances.  You should inform the Home Office and then leave immediately, but to be honest, I suspect they have no system of checking.  The danger is if you're caught being in the UK illegally, you could be deported back to Canada and denied any further visas.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team