Can a DN Visa be Cancelled by employer

Hello guys,

Can an employer cancel a business Visa within one day that was sponsored by the company in the first place? If yes, what is the solution to get rid of the agony within one day. Please don't tell me to find a way to go out of the country within this short notice. Is there any temporary Visa thing until I figure out another option?

Any thoughts?

As far as I know, and I'm not an expert in VN laws, your employer will notify the immigration that your job is now over.
I don't think they'll cancel your visa right away (unless serious crimes, drugs, ...), or at least without notice and giving you some delay to regularize your current situation.
But they absolutely won't renew your working visa if you don't have a contract anymore.

I believe your employer shouldn't have any power on your visa, as it's the immigration that gives it...

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I'm thinking^^
Better pay a translator/friend and call the the immigration yourself!
We never know what can happened in Vietnam~  :/

Tsitta wrote:

Hello guys,

Can an employer cancel a business Visa within one day that was sponsored by the company in the first place? If yes, what is the solution to get rid of the agony within one day. Please don't tell me to find a way to go out of the country within this short notice. Is there any temporary Visa thing until I figure out another option?

Any thoughts?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I just learned about this recently:

According to my Visa expert, your DN business visa requires the sponsorship of that company, and it becomes immediately invalid if the sponsor withdraws.

This is apparently different from the end of a work permit upon completion of employment.

Let's say you find a new sponsor today.

You will need a new visa to go with the new sponsor.

Contact a visa agent today.

If it's an experienced agent, they can line you up a new sponsor, included in their DN business visa fee

Or, arrange for an employment contract yourself today. You will still need a new visa.

Even though I'm fairly certain of this information, don't entirely trust it (me).

Either get with an agent today or walk into immigration and ask them.

Those are your only two certain routes for getting informed guidance.

And yes, I'm pretty sure you'll be required to exit the country and reenter, as this is not the same thing as a visa extension.

Just talking out loud, as opposed to in my head for a change...

If the visa is in your passport, how exactly can the employer cancel it?

1312j wrote:

It would be nullified on the computer system at immigration.

1312j wrote:

Because the "visa" in your passport is a representation of your "visa approval" on record with immigration.

IF the employer withdraws sponsorship AND reports that to immigration (which would make it official) then the visa (the recorded "visa approval") is canceled and the visa in the passport becomes invalid.

That's why someone in the same situation as the OP needs to correct their visa status IMMEDIATELY.

It's also why they need to leave the country, since an invalid visa cannot be extended (according to my visa agent).

So they need a NEW "visa approval" on file with immigration AND a new visa stamp in their passport.

colinoscapee wrote:
1312j wrote:

It would be nullified on the computer system at immigration.

The better answer.

Typing at the same time...

:D