Dominican Republic entry

Hi so I am going to Dominican Republic next month but I wanted to know if when I get to the airport in Dominican Republic will they deny me entry because last year I stayed for 3 months because my father is Dominican and lives over there and also my boyfriend is Dominican who also lives over there and I did pay the overstay fee but I wanted to know if there would be any problem upon letting me enter now?

Honey you  dont need to worry about this at all!!! 

Your father is Dominican, why not get your own passport?  Its fairly easy for you to do, then you never need to worry again!

And welcome to the forums!

I do have my own passport but the thing is I'm American that's why I am asking . And thank you , glad to be here !

You have a Dominican passport as well???? You can have both. Then there are no overstay, you are not a tourist then.

Oh I didn't know I could take out a Dominican passport. For me to do that do I have to take it out in Dominican Republic with my father?

I have an American passport but some people have told me that since my father is Dominican and he lives Over there that they shouldn't bother me if I was to overstay. They say that I all I have to do when I decide to return is to pay the overstay fee like I did last time

You will not have a problem entering this time honey as it is not an issue here yet.

However, I suggest you get your Dominican passport and Cedula. Then you can come and go as you like with no issue. Should you decide to live and work here one day, you can.

The process is fairly simple.  Bring your birth certificate with you.  You will need some documents from your dad as well.

Yes that's what I am planning on doing now when I go to Dominican Republic now but I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have any problems entering again this year. Also if you don't mind me asking , for me to get my cédula , apart from my birth certificate, what else should Me and my father bring? Because I am planning on going now and staying awhile to live with my father and my mom told me that I should try to get my cédula and citizenship as well right away. But I wanted to know what documents should my father and I bring?

Let me ask my lawyer honey.

I have confirmed:  You need to bring your original birth certificate.

And we need a copy of your fathers cedula.

I have been told the process is not FAST as it used to be but can take up to 5 months now. 

If you need a lawyer I can recommend one honey.

Oh okay. I will speak to my father first and then I'll definitely let you know. I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have any problems upon entry because of last year when I overstayed and I am leaving next month and I am planning on living with my father from then on so we just wanted to be clear about getting my citizenship and cédula. Thank you so much for the help.

Hi sweetie my father wanted to know that since I'm going next month and planning on living with him from then on would I have any problems? Because we will be going the same week that I arrive to get my cédula and citizenship but in the meantime that I'll be waiting for it, would there be any issues of me overstaying until I get it? I'm just asking because next month when I leave I won't be returning for while because I'll be living with my father. Sorry for the bother but my father and I just want to make sure that there won't be any problems upon me entering Dominican Republic and me staying over there for awhile.

You will have no issues with the overstay!  You and your dad can relax!

I wouldn't have any issues entering Dominican Republic next month either right? I'm so sorry for the bother and constant questions it's just my dad who's been worried thinking that they won't let me enter now because I overstayed last year for 3 months.

You will have no problem.  Just  enter like normal, no questions no concerns,  you are entering on a tourist visa.  Just carry on like normal.

Okay thank you so much!

Hi I have a question, since I'll be taking out my citizenship and cédula next month when I go to Dominican Republic, when I sign the paper, you know the paper they give you in the airplane when almost arriving to Dominican Republic, do I still have to put the duration of how long I'll be staying? Because I'm not planning on coming back for a while and I don't really know when I'll be returning so I wanted to know if I would still have to put how long I'm staying even though I'll be taking out my citizenship and cédula?

Just say 1 month.  No one really looks at it.

Oh okay thank you.

For you the important thing is that when you get ready to leave you will have your passport and cedula, therefor there will be no  overstay situation.

You will need the long form birth certificate (that includes both parents names), translated and legalized.  A second form of photo ID, passport will be good, an application form, photos, your father's cedula.  I am sure there must be instructions online that will provide up to date and correct info but this is what I remember when I did the same for my son.

I also have a lawyer that I can recommend.  One that delivers...

Cheers,

Oh okay but with the citizenship will i also not have any problems with the overstay? Because I'm planning on getting my citizenship and cédula first and then later on I'm planning on getting my Dominican passport.

No with citizenship there IS NO OVERSTAY! You are and will be Dominican.  THERE IS NO OVERSTAY!

Okay thank you!

You are very welcome honey.

Planner is correct and also, like she said count on about 4-5 months.

Thank you!

Hi , I wanted to know that since I'm planning on getting my citizenship in Dominican Republic and you told me that I just have to bring my official birth certificate, do I have to do anything to my birth certificate over here in the United States before I go to Dominican Republic? Or do I just have to translate my birth certificate in Spanish? Sorry for the bother, I just wanted to make sure if I had to do anything to it before leaving next month.

You can have it translated here honey.

Okay , so I don't have to do anything here in the United States before I leave?