My journey in Haiti~~~

Haiti for me is like no other. Some might say it's natural or that I am being bias giving that I am originated from the country...however, I truly beg to differ☺.
My journey back to the country started 9 years ago. It's a journey of self-discovery, love, passion, courage and many many more. The entire story would be too long to write thus I will do my very best to select in a chronological way my time here, what I learn, what I built and what I hope the future will come about💜.

2009 was the year of my return. I quickly started to network and met a group of youth who were getting ready to explore the country. Their point of destination: Cap-Haitien and South-East (Fondwa). I joined in as this would be my first time roaming around the country.
It was a lovely time where I got to interact with a diverse group of students from Haiti. The memories we shared are forever engraved in my heart.
I came back to Port-au-Prince January 8th 2010 and on January 12th 2010 an earthquake of the magnitude of 7.0 would strike Haiti. Aside from the shock I believe a sense of undying love for Haiti emerge in me the days following this tragedy.
On January 21st 2010, from lack of options I left the country. Flying in a military style airplane with my youngest sister. We were quiet but our insides were tearing apart. Our parents, sister, nephew and the remaining family members stayed in Haiti. They were not holding an American passport...

March 8th 2010 I returned home💜. It had become sickening to me to be away from.Haiti. I felt sad, unhappy and just wanted to be in my homeland. So, I came back☺
I joined with an Organization and worked doing translation for the team. The resilient of the Haitian people strike me once again. It was a painful time. Seeing people living of the streets was damaging to my spirit. I just couldn't understand...Anger came. I wanted to do more. Felt helpless. So I left. The month was May 2010.
August 2010 I came back. This time, the assignment was in Fondwa, Leogane (yes the place I visited in December 2009). I would work at a University as their Director of students life. The time was amazing. The students were respectful, responsible and wanted to get back into their lives as much as possible.
Working at the University was very delightful. In the midst of the chaos that still existed, my creativity sparkle and I let it flow. The students and I went on several field trips, we organized leadership groups and I got to develop my very first course. It was all very exciting and fun. The memories again are forever engraved in my ❤.

February 2011 saw me working another assignment. This time around, I was in Croix des bouquets working with an Organization leading a women's group. My words won't do justice to my experience...My time working with the women was the Universe testing my faith as well as my commitment to the Haitian people. The 7months working in their community develop a strong bond and love among the women and myself.

On August 2011, I founded the Youth&Young Adults International Agency. The Agency was founded as a support to the young people of Haiti. Our first project was delivery Career Workshops Development. Our second project came from our Art program, an exposition advertising the metal Arts. Our third project a bilingual summer camp from our Community Program.
As of date, the Youth Agency has delivered over 50 projects both in Haiti as well as the USA. We competed regionally as well as internationally. Our work has not only expanded but also our format has evolved where we now provided projects to the public and private sectors.

I continue to let my passion drive me. Let my heart do the inspiration while my mind works the day to day practicality. I developed myself each day through inspirational books, attending seminars, discovering myself and strengthening my spirituality.

Life is a beautiful journey💜💕💜. Each day is a new chance at doing something new, positive and loving. I hope my story will inspire **you** to go ahead and live your BEST life!!! Nothing can stop you☺.

Peace & Love
✌ 💘
Daisy🌻

It was refreshing reading your story. Like you I want to go back an live in Haiti also and it has been hard to convince my family since I am unable to find a job in Haiti right now. My heart is aching from not been able to be in Haiti I feel depress and sad when I am in the US and can't wait to get on a plane and go home. I have created a non-profit organization but with no support it is hard to get it going to sustain me and my 7 year old daughter. Life in Haiti is truly an amazing experience because I lived in Haiti for a year and it was the best year of my life.