Any tips on areas to find properties, living in Doha etc.

Hello, I am moving to Doha from London next month for work. I work in PR and Communications in the education space. I am also studying a Master's at Kings College London in International Affairs.

It'll be my first time in Doha (though I am visiting for a few days next week). Any tips on areas to find properties, living in Doha etc. How easy is working visa process, finding properties and setting up bank accounts?
Terri

Hi Terri B,

Its better find accommodation near your work place. Else Pearl Qatar have decent housing. But quite expensive. Once you started working your colleagues would guide you in this.

Living in Doha nice during winter. Cold and nice climate. During summer its really hot. Cant even go outside at times. Living standards and way of life is slow compared to Dubai. But very peaceful place to be. Can enjoy shopping and there are new Malls in the town. Visit Souk Waqif in Doha. Shud visit in da night.

Bank accounts you shud have compeny letter or your company would open a bank account on-behalf of you. Once you open the bank account you must submit your RP to bank validate the same. Else they will block your bank account.

Good luck.