Phuket to Koh Lanta

Hi, I am flying on Phuket on the 17th of March this year. My flight arrives at 12:30 pm. I want to go to Koh Lanta right away, but I saw that the last ferry headed to Koh Lanta was at 13:30. This would be impossible for me. Are there any other (later) options to get to Koh Lanta from Phuket?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I've asked that they move this post to our Thailand forum, you'll probably get a better response in there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Bjarnezaal,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Just to inform you that your thread has been moved to the Thailand forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Bjarnezaal wrote:

Hi, I am flying on Phuket on the 17th of March this year. My flight arrives at 12:30 pm. I want to go to Koh Lanta right away, but I saw that the last ferry headed to Koh Lanta was at 13:30. This would be impossible for me. Are there any other (later) options to get to Koh Lanta from Phuket?

You still have to check out, so add some more time to it. You could go there from Krabi, but ferries stop their service at 18.00 o' clock.

We were on Ko Lanta in October for the first time after 16 years of living in Thailand. from our beach resort, we could see Phi Phi islands which might be a much better and more enjoyable route for you. From Phuket to Ko Phi Phi shouldn't be a problem and if you want to reach Ko Lanta, there are speedboats and ferries available.

If I were you, I'd ask some guys how to get to Ko Phi Phi as well. Should you go to Krabi, please remember, the last ferry goes at 6 pm.

You'll get  a lot more info on here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g … huket.html

You might find somebody with a boat who's heading in that direction. Enjoy your holiday, not everything has to be planned into details.

P.S. not too long ago, I've read the story of some tourists who had a motorbike accident without having a valid driver's license. Do not rent a bike if you don't have a permit to drive one.

And if you do have a license, get an International driving permit! And don't forget to wear a good helmet, also for the short rides. Some people seem to believe that it's okay when they rent a 125 cc bike to you without showing a license.

But people wanna make money, so almost all is possible with money. But you can't buy a new life.

All in all, I wasn't satisfied with the "Farang restaurants", especially not the Greek one. RTerrible food for a lot of money? Nope, you better go for some great seafood.

WE've stayed at a nice resort with a private beach including a fantastic breakfast with plenty of fruits and sitting there for breakfast looking at Ko Phi Phi is something I'd call a dream holiday. The bungalows are built ecological with a lot of bamboo, you can rent a bike there and it's affordable. Of course do they have WiFi. Please see:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/eco-la … total&

Enjoy your stay!

You could check out FerrySamui for the ferry schedules and prices. They have really great rates. They also have great customer support so you could reach out to them easily.