Looking to meet people in Can Tho City

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some people to have a chat, go for a drink or a walk... in Can Tho City. I will be moving there next week and don't know anybody in the city yet.

I am a student from Belgium (23 y/o) and I'm coming to Vietnam for research on rice production (interesting, right?!). My native language is Dutch, but I speak English quite well and could maybe even try to have a conversation in French or Spanish.

I hope to make some friends in Can Tho for the time I'll spend there. If you are living in Can Tho (temporarily of permanently), feel free to contact me :) . If you know how I could get in touch with the English speaking community in Can Tho, I would be very grateful for your tips!

Kind regards
Eva

If you go to Ninh Kieu park by the river, you will find plenty of westerners at night having dinner and/or drinking coffee.   One of the streets off of the Park, there is a coffee shop called "English Coffee".  Some expats hang out there.  If you are interested in meeting locals, just let me know.

So sorry, should have advised this as well.  If you go to the park at night, you should definitely have a drink or a coffee at VIVA bar, you can't miss it, it is on the main street across from the park.  Always lots of young expats hanging out there.  We always go there when we visit family.

Down the same street you'll find (if you look closely enough) the Mekong bar/cafe/restaurant which has long been a hangout for local expats and tourists - it's almost directly opposite the statue of Ho Chi Minh.
The local expats also gather in a bar along the canal every Saturday night (you'll need a taxi).  I don't know the address but can get it and put you in direct contact with one of the locals at the same time if you wish.