Jerry from Dasmarinas

Hey everybody,

I'm the new guy. I am originally from California but came to the Philippines after resigning from the USAF (10 years) while stationed in Texas.

I have been living in the Philippines since 1998 with the exception of three years in S. Korea. I am a training consultant and online university professor; my beloved wife is Filipina; we have two precious children still in school. I did not come here to live as a foreigner but to live among the locals and have been ever since arriving.

Sadly, I fell in love with the Philippines many years ago but for the wrong reasons, now feel stifled and bothered much of the time by the environment and people, so I just keep to myself except for the occasional run-in with routinely inconsiderate neighbors. I have experienced a lot here and could surely offer real insights to those who are relatively new to the Philippines.

I joined this group hoping to find others like me who might want to just shoot the breeze and blow off some steam once in a while without getting nasty. If that's you, please contact me and we can exchange horror stories.

Welcome.  You came to the right place.  If you read other threads you will find many discussions about the irritating things that go on here.  Willing to start wherever you like.

Welcome Jerry, glad to have you here! Thanks for sharing your background. It is indeed a different culture from the West - one where we  can experience many positive events and adventures mixed in with plenty of daily annoyances.

Probably should get a Moderator to move this into the Introduction thread.

Welcome Jerry!!!