What's Your Story?

Hey guys, my name is Garfield and I just recently joined. 

Ok so I have just started planing a move to Barcelona for next year. Besides the obvious like, jobs, visas, apartment search and becoming more fluent in the language, what should I be doing this year?

Please share some of your experiences, about things that maybe you overlooked that you wished you did before your  move or more importantly things a wanna-be expat like myself wouldn't consider.

Thanks all

No one wants to share their story?

OR...

can your rich narratives be found in another forum post?  Someone please point me in the right direction, I believe the second best way to learn is directly from someone's experiences.

Welcome to Expat-blog Garfield !

I suggest you to view the "Life in Spain guide". There are useful information and links that can help you in accommodation search, job search and work visas in spain.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks!

Hi,
Apologies that you havenŽt recieved any info. I moved to Barcelona from the UK just over a year ago. I have a slighly different situation to you as I moved here with my husband and 16 month old daughter. My husband works and IŽm a housewife (lucky me lol). All I can say is you are thinking of the right things and that becoming an expat really opens your eyes to the world around you. Fantastic experience. When looking for an apartment some rental agencies will try to con you into 6 months rent in advance, this is not needed and if you go with a reputable company you will only have to pay the standard month. Find these with your embassy. YouŽll find your way when you get here and if there is any advice you need for example internet, repairs etc just inbox me and I can hopefully point you in the right direction. Good Luck xxx