Pakistani American planning to settle in Turkey - Info needed

I am Pakistani born living in USA for 20 years. Working at Microsoft as Digital Transformation Leader. I am planning to settle in Turkey in few years and would like to know more about finding right city and settling there. Reason for my moving is we want to move to suitable Islamic Country, Turkey is one of the suitable options for my family therefore researching.

Which City have more Pakistani community? I heard Ankara.

My kids currently only speak English currently (they are 5 and 2 of age)? What schools? Are there any Pakistani schools?

Living Cost? I know cost could be different from different perspective of individuals. Think of Villa not apartment. Can I get a nice break down of cost? What would it require from for upper class though not elite.

Suitability from Jobs perspective? What salary range should I expect being Director at Microsoft USA with 15+ years of experience.

Business Suitability? How much usually capital required to start new or buy existing business? What can lets say capital of $300k can return you? or how about half a million dollars? What kind of revenue usually can be generate? What about real state investments?What do you guys suggest Any success stories from similar background?

What challenges do you see in settling?
Which city would you recommend?

I am sure, as anyone I have 100 of questions but lets start with those fundamental ones. I Thank You! advance in helping me.

You have asked so.many questions that would require an essay size reply is needed. Can you please use the search function of forum because most of questions are replied recently.

For real estate, just not now...

I will respond the rest when I am sure you have confirmed that you checked the forum already.

Bhai Sahib,

I am an American married to a Pakistani and just moved to Istanbul after 20 years of visiting.. We love it.  Lekin, i would rather carry this conversation on off-line.  We are back in the US adn return tomorrow.

You can reach me on ***

You won't be disappointed in the living in Turkey.  They welcome Pakistanis with open arms.

Allah Hafez

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi ,  i am omer , an iraqi , live in ankara for 2+ years. You can start in ankara . here the minimum living cost is 350-400$ for a family. you will need some cash to start your life here , not less than 8000$. It should cover your expense for the first year at least.

I am sure that there is an English school for your kids, but if you want to settle here , your kids must go into Turkish school and you must learn Turkish language to work here.

searching for apartment , car, job, ... go to sahibinden.com.
search for goods go to n11.com.

Istanbul is a beautiful, big, crowded, more expensive city, more jobs , so you decide.

If you have money , start your own business , you can start a company for less than 1000$ within 3 days with virtual office.

good luck

Some of the things you need to consider:
1. You wont find many pakistani families living in Turkey.
2. Language will be an issue as I had tough time communicating in English. Even at some places where you expect english, its going to be a disappointment. So learn turkish and every thing will be easier
3. International schools are quite expensive 20KUSD plus.
4. Falling lira, inflation, and you wont find highly paid jobs as a foreigner. You can think of a business but only if you already had one and wish to open a branch.

Turkey is heaven if you have already saved up a fortune passive income and you wanna settle here as early retirement, in which case best options that I can think of is start something related to Tourism . if you have money, buy a good deal property after research in Antalya and renovate it and rent it to tourists. Or be a real estate advisor to english speaking folks.
Cheers
you can pm me if you wish to talk more