Looking for a job as Software Developer

Hi All,

I am having 8+ years of experience in C++/SQL software developement.
I am looking for a job in NL. What is the better way to apply for jobs? I apply from LinkdIn but did noy get any call. Do companies hire via Linkdin then process work Visa?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

LinkedIn can work for people.  Agencies use it to scour for people looking for work (I've been approached a few times since I retired).  Could be a problem in your profile, does it sell you and all your skills, have you connected with colleagues, peers and recruiting agencies (doing so can include you in a search from recruiters).  If you've done all the above, then you may have to face the fact that they are not looking for people with your skill set.

If working is essential to you being able to support yourself (anywhere, not just Holland), then you need to review your skill set and see what you need to do to make you the first person they approach.  If you've been in your present job for 8+ years, then it could be the technology has moved on and you need to retrain or divert to another skill area?

Long range job searching is always problematic; the moment they realise you can't start work tomorrow morning and can't speak Dutch, you will go at least to the bottom of the pile of CV's (if they don't bin it altogether).   If you don't qualify as a highly skilled migrant, then you are going to have to pass a Dutch language exam as part of the immigration (MVV) process, the sooner you start learning Dutch, the better your chance of getting a job.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team