New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Hi Everyone,

I submitted my documents to my employer in Brussels and they submitted to the Brussels region authority. After 2 weeks of submitting the documents, we received a letter stating,

After checking the above application, I inform you that the file is complete and therefore admissible. we can therefore proceed to the substantive processing of your application.

Please let me know that is it just file admissible notice and what are the next steps?

Welcome on our forum,

Now they will start to examine all your documents. And depending administrations workload you'll get answers in few weeks.

Recently Belgium has put ban from India and other countries. Is there any idea when this ban will be lifted. I am Single Permit and VISA D holder with dependents.

bahirrao wrote:

Recently Belgium has put ban from India and other countries. Is there any idea when this ban will be lifted. I am Single Permit and VISA D holder with dependents.

HI,

Impossible to answer to your question, I think that it will depend on the way that India will manage the situation.

But as D visa holder, you can travel to Belgium if you are PCR negative. But you'll maybe have to go to quarantine at your arrival.

phipiemar wrote:

Welcome on our forum,

Now they will start to examine all your documents. And depending administrations workload you'll get answers in few weeks.

Thank you phipiemar for a quick reply.

Any idea how long does it take? Because it's been almost 3-4 weeks that I received this admissible notice. Also please let me know that once it is approved then which document they will issue?
I will really appreciate if you can explain me a brief what's the next steps/process to get the visa D?

Thank you

For some people, it took several months...

Unfortunately, you can only "Wait and see"...

From where I can get the Annex 46? Belgian authorities send it directly to my employer in Belgium or I will receive it from the Belgian Embassy in my country?
I am out of Belgium at the moment.

umarr2387 wrote:

From where I can get the Annex 46? Belgian authorities send it directly to my employer in Belgium or I will receive it from the Belgian Embassy in my country?
I am out of Belgium at the moment.

Annexe 46 is the final approval issued by the Immigration Office regarding the single permit. When the employee receives the Annexe 46 document, (s)he is allowed to apply for the visa D at the Belgian Embassy.

Hi All,

Is there any update on relaxing ban on India for Single Permit holders ( Fresh )?
Ban is till 31st May'21.

Hello

My single work permit file was submitted 2 weeks ago, on the 7th of June.
Should i receive an email that the file is complete or only the employer receives that?
Also, how much time is it taking nowadays to get the work permit after file submission?

Thank you,
Best

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. I received my single permit yesterday(05-July) from employer. They are no longer sending email to employee directly.

Timeline
submission of the documents : 21/06/2021
Work permit approval (Brussels) date in document: 24/06/2021
Single permit issued date in annex 46 : 01/07/2021

Fresh application.

It was really fast!!

Wow that was quick!

Did you apply yourself or through an agent?

My employer appointed an agent who is handling all the filing and was submitted on 25th Jun for Antwerp. Still waiting for the approval email, which will be supposedly be sent to the agent

Can you also share from which email ID you received the email from?

Thanks a lot
A

I didn't receive the approvals. My employer got them from the filing agents.
Then my employer had shared them to me.
It means the same thing will happen in your case.
You should check with the agent

Thank you for your response.., i will stay in touch with the agent then

Hi Ralph

May i ask if you filed for Antwerp/Flanders area and did you finally receive the work permit?

How much time did it take for you from application to work permit

Thank
A

Hello,

No I filled for Bruxelles.
Something went wrong with my file. It was not well received by the economy and employment. I talked with my employer last week and they resubmitted the application. Now the file is being processed and its status as per the economy and employment is "au cours d'octroi et à la signature". I don't know if that means that it's almost done, if anyone knows please let me know.
You can always send an email to the economy and employment (économie et emploi) for Flanders region and get an updated on your application.

Best

Hi Ralph

Thanks for responding and wish you all the best for your permit. Hope you get it soon

Thanks
A

Ralph Bou ghanem wrote:

Hello,

No I filled for Bruxelles.
Something went wrong with my file. It was not well received by the economy and employment. I talked with my employer last week and they resubmitted the application. Now the file is being processed and its status as per the economy and employment is "au cours d'octroi et à la signature". I don't know if that means that it's almost done, if anyone knows please let me know.
You can always send an email to the economy and employment (économie et emploi) for Flanders region and get an updated on your application.

Best

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for sharing information.
Have you received any update regarding your application?
My company told me that my work authorization is confirmed and now the decision is transmitted to the Office des Etrangers. 
I have been waiting and monitoring my mailbox (not email) for three weeks since then, but received nothing.
Can we do something to speed up the process?
Thank you.

Hello

I also was notified that my application is at the office des etrangers but I am still waiting for an update. I assume that they are not notifying the employer anymore when the application is completed. I suggest you send an email to the office des etrangers with your full name, date of birth and nationality and ask them about an update for your application's status.

Hello what are the documents required for the single permit? I am a masters student in France yet to receive my degree certificate (due to covid graduation dates have been postponed). My employer will send the application for single permit in coming days so I am bit worried if they would ask my masters certificate as well. Please let me know if anyone has any insights on this.

Regards
GV

There is slighly difference between Flanders and Brussels/Wallonie region.

I propose you should invest more on Googling skill, so-called Searching and Analyting skills

If you do a very simple Google search with a standard keyword such as “ belgium single permit documents required”, you definitely see the official website of Flander region where give you instantly what did you ask for.

Similarly, you will definitely find the information for Brussels/Wallonie region. But as you know French as you are from France, I do not see its a difficult situation to find these information. Comparing to other type of procedures, these related Single permit is very easy to be reached.

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your quick response. I tried looking for the documents(probably I will fall under skilled category) which requires a min of Bachelors(which I have it) or a masters degree.
And for your information I am not French, I am an Indian student studying in France (about to complete my master's). So I was stuck with this question of submitting my masters degree certificate as well in my file for the Single permit.

Thanks and Regards
GV

Hi Everyone,
i've accepted a new position from a new employer, this latter has applied for a new work permit, i heard it was quick, but it's one month, and no feedback.
Yesterday i received from my new employer that the authorities requires an insurance certificate which i did provide.
My contract state that i should start on 16/8. is there anyone here who had a similar experience, how much time it takes to get annexe 46(Renewal) in brussels region.
Is there any service i can contact myself.
Regards

Hi -

You should be allowed to work once the approval is obtained for the work part of your single permit. This means that you can start working for the new company, while the residence part of your single permit is still in process.

At least, this is what I know from a previous experience. Good luck with your process.

Hi,

When did you apply and which region?

My company also applied on 20th July and still no update.

Did you receive your work authorisation?

Hello Everyone,

i hope you are doing well and safe

I have a question is there anyone here who receive recently his single permit?

if yes can he or she share with use the timeline

thank you and have a nice day

My employer received approval from the Brussels region on my work permit application, Employer also mailed the docs to me and asked me to book an appointment for visa at VFS india.
Now
1. VFS mumbai has a category "work permit" visa (long term is not available in the list)
2. VFS pune has a category "long term" visa

I am confused about which one to select as "work permit Visa" is one of the Long term visas.

I have to take a decision soon

Hey guys

Does indian pcc require apostille these days?  Please help.

Yes, any foreign document to be used abroad must always be apostilled / legalized.

hello ,

i just want to ask that my employer process my single permit 26th august 2021 and same day i received notification from social security email .

but still i am waiting for my single permit any idea how many days it will take to received because my wife is pregnant se we have to fly before November so can you please help.

i lived in Dubai so my i send my all documents required from Dubai only.

regards,
harshit gupta

how many days it took to recived single permit

my company also applied 26th august but still, nothing.

Hi all -

I am in the same position as you. The company managing my permit told me that currently there is understaffing at the agencies and in my personal case will take up to 4 weeks for the authority to provide the approval for the work part. And then, wait a bit more for the single permit approval. So, will take some time I guess. At least, that is my personal experience at the moment. Mine was submitted on August 20th.

So still not received for you as well.

HELLO
FROM WHERE DID YOU APPLIED .

Mine was submitted for Flanders.

Has anyone contacted the Region of Wallonia by the Phone to ask for the situation for their work permit? It has been three months since my file has been considered admissible and they have not answered my lawyers emails since the last three weeks. Thats why I was thinking about calling the Region on the phone but didnt know if it is appropriate

Is labour market test applicable for belgium?

Has anyone received a single permit recently in Wallonia? I am not sure how long does it usually take them. :(

valbonasahitii06 wrote:

Has anyone contacted the Region of Wallonia by the Phone to ask for the situation for their work permit? It has been three months since my file has been considered admissible and they have not answered my lawyers emails since the last three weeks. Thats why I was thinking about calling the Region on the phone but didnt know if it is appropriate

Hi, have you tried calling the office in the region of wallonia after all? I am waiting for months as well and not sure if it is appropriate to contact them and ask them about what is going on.