New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

I got visa appointment tomorrow. Couldn't get appointment earlier due to some tech issues on the VFS site but it got resolved. Rest let's see how it goes.

Got D visa for myself + family. Got the visa in flat 3 days.

Hello ,

Is there anyone applied  for single permit ?  I applied on 26 of october, I dont have any feedback yet.

Hi All,

My single permit is filed on 8th Dec'20.
Last year it took almost 4 months for me to get approval.
I heard that nowadays approvals are coming in a month or so.
Any idea on reduced processing time?

I have applied on December-11 as well and did not hear back yet.

Anybody received single permit approval from the Immigration Office (Annex 46) recently (late December/early January)?

Yes I received it yesterday

Thanks, @MittalVibhor! When did you lodge your application (or at least receive the approval from the Regional Employment Ministry)? And which region?

Appreciate the swift response!

I applied on 1st week of december & on 24 dec i received approval

Thanks! My employer applied on 18th December; got the approval on the 23rd (Flanders) but not yet with the Immigration authorities. Which region did you apply to? And are you already in Belgium?

Are you currently in Belgium ? My employer applied on 8th Dec.

Hello @bahirrao! Yes, I am in Belgium now. Did you get your permit already?

No. I am  not in Belgium.

MittalVibhor wrote:

I applied on 1st week of december & on 24 dec i received approval

Are you in Belgium ?

Yes I am in Belgium

MittalVibhor wrote:

Yes I am in Belgium

Ok. This might be reason why your approval was so fast.

bahirrao wrote:
MittalVibhor wrote:

Yes I am in Belgium

Ok. This might be reason why your approval was so fast.

Indeed. I am also in Belgium though. So I am hoping for a fast response. My student visa is expiring on the 31st of January and a bit worried.

Received approval today.
Can anyone please explian what does below statemement means?
-- Un visa D valable 1 an ou limité à la durée de l'autorisation de travail (si celle-ci est valable moins d'un an),
MULT est accordé à l'intéressé à partir du 14/02/2021.

one year visa D or less, depending of the validity of your work permit (if the work permit is less than 1 year, the validity of the visa will be shrinked).
Multiple entries granted as from the 14th february

My VISA stamping in process now. Are we allowed to travel to Belgium now or there are still restrictions?
Can anybody help me with this?

Yes you can travel to Belgium, people coming for work related purpose are allowed to enter Belgium. Do remember to check the covid guidelines like PCR test result requirements, getting quarantine after arriving etc before travelling.

Can you please explain more about PCR TEST? Need to perform in Belgium or my home coutry?

bahirrao wrote:

Can you please explain more about PCR TEST? Need to perform in Belgium or my home coutry?

It should be done a maximum of 48 hours before departure.

Could you please share your recent experiences for a single permit application procedure?

We plan to apply within one month. My employer and I would like to know an estimated time for all this process. Does it really take 4 months?

FYI, The employer will do the application from Belgium - Brussels, but I'm not currently in Belgium.

1. Work permit 2. residence permit 3. D visa stamp from the abroad embassy

Thank you,

dilara34 wrote:

Could you please share your recent experiences for a single permit application procedure?

We plan to apply within one month. My employer and I would like to know an estimated time for all this process. Does it really take 4 months?

FYI, The employer will do the application from Belgium - Brussels, but I'm not currently in Belgium.

Thank you,

Right now Single permit applications are approved in 1-1.5 months but SLA is still 4 months.
Where are u residing currently?

bahirrao wrote:
dilara34 wrote:

Thank you,

Right now Single permit applications are approved in 1-1.5 months but SLA is still 4 months.
Where are u residing currently?

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Also very glad to hear about 1.5 months.

I'm in Istanbul, Turkey. Currently, I have only a tourist visa for the EU, but I cannot travel with it now, due to Covid.

My future employer will manage the application with documentation from both sides.
But it is a new procedure for them too.
After the application and approval, I will apply to VFS Global Istanbul for a Visa with the permit obtained by my future employer from Belgium.

Another challenge to be handled here on my side is within this timeline, I also have to resign from my current employer company, with a 2 months notice period. 

I'm following up the information here on the forum, very valuable.

Hi Everyone,
i'm changing the employer.
my new employer apply for it 17/01, they've got a an answer on the 23rd requesting a resignation letter from my old employer.
anyone can advise the timeline for someone already in belgium.
Regards

Hi,

Has anyone just got a single permit in Flanders? My employer sent my applications in early December and received the work permit on 15/12/2020, and they keep pushing the process by spamming the authorities.

However today they got a response from the Immigration Office saying that the process may take 2 more months. Is it taking longer due to the pandemic?

Thanks,
Linh

linkng,
according to many websites, the residency permit has been reduced from 8 weeks to 4 weeks max.
good luck in your research

Hi,

Is the new timelines specified in any government website ?

naveenhariprasad wrote:

Hi,

Is the new timelines specified in any government website ?

Timelines are always theorical.

Hi, I have submitted my document visa my company in Brussels. The Brussels Rgeion has asked additional papper after 4 weeks of submission the documents. I have sent the required document and still waiting for approving of the documents. Do you think its normal to take such long time to analyze the documents ? thank you

Hi,

It's normal and with Covid restrictions it's actually becoming normal to take longer

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

After getting the single permit, how long does it take to get D visa ? AND which document did you submit for D visa ? thanks

Dear All,

My employer will send the single permit documents in the upcoming days (Flander parts), my concern is the timing matter..my contract start on 15 may but seems the single permit and RP can take 4 months to be done.

I'm bit afraid And also I see a lot of experiences here in the forum that they got all in 2 or 2,5 months but also there are others with 4 months.

Please let us know what is the actual status nowadays (march 2021) and what is the average time for processing?

I will try to submit updates whenever I have..
Thank you!

I have a similar situation, I don't know exactly the date when my employer sent documents for a single permit, I guess it was the 4th or 5th March. On the 17th March I had to send some additional documents, I sent it immediately. And no news since that moment. I thought during corona it takes less time

Hi everyone

My single permit has been issues just today.

here is the timeline
submission of the documents to the company in brussesl : 22/02/2021
Single permit issued : 29/03/2021

It was really fast!!

I have an question. I will apply now D visa and which document i should bring with me? Do I have to submit medical certificate, police clearance certificate etc again ?

thank you

Yulia_T wrote:

I have a similar situation, I don't know exactly the date when my employer sent documents for a single permit, I guess it was the 4th or 5th March. On the 17th March I had to send some additional documents, I sent it immediately. And no news since that moment. I thought during corona it takes less time

Update :) I received my work permit today!

The first document dated 17/03
The second document dated 01/04

It goes faster compare to the "before corona time"

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone

I received my single permit today from employer. They are no longer sending email to employee directly.

here is the timeline
submission of the documents : 16/03/2021
Work permit approval (Flanders) date in document: 19/03/2021
Single permit issued date in annex 46 : 02/04/2021

Fresh application.

It was really fast!!

Thank you all for keeping this thread updated and good luck to those who are waiting .