Do I need a work visa if I am keeping my job in the United States?

Hello,

My wife and I are moving to Casablanca in July. She is going to be working at an International School just outside of the city, so all of her work visa stuff is being taken care of by the school. I am working with my employer to see if it is possible to keep my current job and work remotely.

My question is this: If I keep my job here in the U.S., do I need to apply for and get a work visa in Morocco even though I will not be looking for employment in Morocco? Or would I just need a residency permit to live there?

Thank you for your time,

Daniel

I would contact the Moroccan Consulate General here in the USA in New York City for their advise.

I came across this which you probably did too if you carried out a google search:

I am a software engineer and I would like to continue working for my US employer remotely over the Internet from Morocco. Do you know if I need a work permit to do this?

From my understanding no, you do not need to have a work permit to work remotely. You are not earning a Moroccan salary nor working for a Moroccan company so are under no contract with anyone in country.

But I agree with the above post. Best speak to someone in an official position. Sadly unlike other countries on this site, there isn't a Morocco expert/adviser for this forum yet.