US Tourist Visa for Girlfriend

Hi,

On my 3rd week in Philippines, currently in Dumaguerte, with a lady I chatted with on FC. Things are progressing and we are getting quite attached to each other. I still have 5 weeks left here, with Siquijor, Bohol, Boracay, and her home in Ormoc, before spending a week in Manila ahead of my flight

She is a public health nurse, and w are talking about her visiting me in the US. Not talking marriage, sister that rules out the fiance Visa.  How difficult is it for her to get a tourist Visa? I have read that she needs an interview at the US Embassy, along with other documents.

Another thought is health insurance for her while in the US. Any suggestions?

A young single female with no family in the USA?  The immigration thinking will be she is more than a tourist, looking for a way around getting a fiance or spousal visa.  It could be very expensive, she could be denied boarding the airplane.

Very difficult to get tourist visas for Filipinos unless they are well established (own property, or a business, etc) and have proven track record of leaving the country and returning. A large percentage of Filipinos overstay their work visas. Different scenario but it all contributes to the perception. All you can do is try.

I will add that she will be interviewed by Philippines immigration authorities at the airport if you even try to take her outside Philippines to a neighboring country.

You may get lucky but, odds are pretty slim for the reasons already stated above.

Her being a nurse is a + but she would also need enough ties to the Philippines to satisfy the Consular Officer that she would return to the Philippines. These ties could be family, job, property, bank account, etc. Find a US hospital looking to either hire her if she is looking to reside in the US for a while or is holding a seminar/workshop that she could be invited to attend on a special visa.

philipperv wrote:

Her being a nurse is a + but she would also need enough ties to the Philippines to satisfy the Consular Officer that she would return to the Philippines. These ties could be family, job, property, bank account, etc. Find a US hospital looking to either hire her if she is looking to reside in the US for a while or is holding a seminar/workshop that she could be invited to attend on a special visa.

There would also be international tests to pass to be considered for RN in the USA, only happens a few times a year.

Ah Visa's. She would have to prove she has assests, she has none why wouldn't she overstay her visa? Now if she has $500,000 in the bank surely she would return home.

Definitely she will need, and prove, assets.  Both in the Philippines drawing her back and assets to live on while in the US.  You didn't mention her age.  The younger she is the harder it will be to get a Visa and I thought I read there is a moratorium on US Visas with an exception for nursing work visas.

Ah yes, you're quite attached already. Those Filipinas are so attachable.

We tried to get a visa for my gf. She owns property, is married (seeking an annulment of course, but they didn't know that), has two children that would stay behind. In short, an excellent candidate to return.

Her interview was short and perfunctory, they didn't ask any probing questions. They just denied it.

That lends credibility to the moratorium rumor.

Your chances are slim and none for getting a visa for her to visit you. Enjoy her while you can.

Over 300,000 already in the USA illigal ,and I here they are putting the clamps on Filipino workers of any kind

Having been n denied 4 times for a tourist visa for my wife: Three times to meet my Dad on his 95th Birthday, and a 4th time to attend his funeral, I have researched this quite extensively. Less than 0.02% of applicants for a tourist visa are ever admitted. In spite of having 3.5 hectares of farms and “close familial ties” to the Philippines, she was denied. Unfortunately, my Congressman was anti-immigrant, so he provided no help. The State Department interviewer straight up lied in his written report to my Congressman. So, I will tell you this, try, but don't expect much. There has to be some MAJOR reason that she will return to the Philippines.

Your best bet is a fiance visa. It is non-binding and good for 90 days. It is moderately difficult to file, with all the paperwork involved, and takes several months to process once it is submitted, but that's probably the only way she will be able to visit the US legally.

The thing to remember is to make sure she gets back on the plane before 90 days is up. If she decides to extend her stay, she could be deported and blacklisted, and you would have a hard time convincing the consulate that you weren't plotting together to get her into the US.

To get a tourist visa for your wife you will need to be a permanent resident here in the PI first. That is enough proof for them that you both will return. If they STILL deny you simply go to the US Embassy in Bangkok and apply there and you will get approved.

philipperv wrote:

To get a tourist visa for your wife you will need to be a permanent resident here in the PI first. That is enough proof for them that you both will return. If they STILL deny you simply go to the US Embassy in Bangkok and apply there and you will get approved.

They are not married, have no intentions at this time.

I was actually replying to borsdengraal but didn't do the copy and paste quote.

I believe a fiancé visa is one-to-a-customer. It cannot be use for bringing serial girlfriends to the US. You have one shot at it. And last I heard (from an immigration law firm), fiancé and marriage visas were taking a year or so.

Thinking you are allowed two fiancee Visa in your life time. I had one in 1982, she passed away last year after 36 years of marriage. Just for fun was thinking to ask immigration If my number went back up to two.

There are no limits on the number of fiance visas someone can apply for.

Technically I guess your right if you want to spend extra time and money.
(Also, if you have filed two or more K1 visa petitions at any time in the past, you will need to apply for a waiver. So, although you can technically apply for unlimited K1 visas, it is complicated to apply for more than 2.)