Travelling with a protocol without a photo on it.

Hello Dear Expats,

I have a serious question regarding travelling back to brazil with a valid protocol. But this protocol doesn't have my picture on it. I believe all new protocols issued after new SISMIGRA system of PF has a barcode instead of picture, which is my case.

Ive read other posts on the forum regarding airlines troubling passengers while boarding.
How can this problem be resolved in the simplest way.

My protocol expires in May and im planning to travel in March, thinking if connecting flights would cause any issue at immigration or whats the case gonna be like ?

How do i validate my protocol without my picture at immigration or can i direct them to verify protocol number on PF website, which reflects the details perfectly  on the website at the time of immigration in connecting flight ?

kindly shed some light on this matter. Thank you so much

Protocols do not have pictures. They are a federal processing number given for certain processes with federal agencies. All have bar codes. I can not remember the website to track the protocol but it was printed on the document.
What are you trying to do? Permeant Res., other application? The protocol expires due to 1. waiting for you to provide additional info, 2. if you have completed all documents and awaiting for something it should not have an expiring date.
Consulate may be able to help.
If Visa still valid no problem, if expired consulate may grant an extension.

Thanks Texanbrazil. Yes all processes are done.

Now to go back, will i be able to use the protocol to board and come back or is it gonna be a problem ?

Should i go ahead with booking my flight and use the protocol for the trip ? its still valid.
when i use the mobile bar code app to scan the barcode on protocol it takes to the PF website  where i enter the code of the protocol and it clearly shows its valid.

Now at airports are they gonna scan the barcode, and validate it as a visa and leme board or hows it gonna be. my question is are they well versed with the process or can i show them and educate them or are they gonna run their own system
??

Show Visa and protocol at check in. You do not educate PF. They can look it up.

Thank yo, Im sorry but thats not what i meant Texanbrazil.

I have the protocol, the problem is with airport checkins at the connecting flight. My flight will be a connecting flight, they create issues regarding the protocol.

My visa is expired, my documents are submitted for cie and they gave me protocol which is valid till may. i was told by pf i can go and come back with it.

i read posts here and on internet regarding the same issue and people had problems, thats where this doubt came into my mind.

In brazil, it wont be a problem i know. The question was about lay over and connecting flight immigrations. Do they create issues for boarding or they accept protocol as a travel document ??

Thank you so much for previous reply

If your visa has expired, your best bet is to get a tourist visa to use for your travel.  The Brazilian Consulate should be willing to issue it based on your Protocolo.

Your issue will be with airline. Without a valid visa the airline will refuse boarding. Need to get extension on visa. Last resort e-visa online but may mess with your protocol. CIE is valid in Brazil, not international. You need visa for such.

Hi I am in India with my protocol number only and i will be travel back on16 April so i don't know but let see.
did you face any problem while coming back? I need your serious help.

Thank you in advance

Nirav do you have a valid visa and passport with at least 6 months remaining? How long were you out of Brasil?

I am living in Brazil with temporary visa which was expired this month but my RNE is valid upto August 2020. Due to my mother death i am in india for 20 days and right now i have RNE protocol. At airport they told me its valid document indian govt qill not creat any problem not evwn airline but i dont know what will happen.

The reason I asked was having issues with the airline(s). Check-in agents are not very knowledgeable on immigration laws  and may not understand what a protocol is. Hopefully their are PF or agents which know how to review your information using the protocol #.
If temp visa is in force and passport has 6 months remain you should not even have to worry about the protocol.  You should not have an issue on arriving in BR with the protocol. PF will look it up and even ask for status while there.

i came with Alitalia and going with the same one and while coming to India i asked them already and they sent me the email that i have the valid document and i will be returning back on 16 April. My concern is Indian embassy people, do they consider this protocol?

If airline issues you a boarding pass based on what they have, I do not see an issue with India allowing you to leave. May ask you a couple of questions, but saying you going are checking with the PF as to protocol.
You are not giving up your Indian citizenship, correct?
Just explaining you need to check on permanent visa status.
Not an expert, but I flew back to US twice with protocol until I received my RNE with no issues.

Thank you very much for your excellent information.  Now i am relax littlebit