New members of the Latvia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Latvia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Latvia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Good Day All.

I am seriously considering retiring to Latvia. I speak English and Spanish fluently and French functionally. I have begun looking at Russian. Any advice on how difficult it would be to adapt and communicate with locals would be appreciated.

Michael

Hi, all  :)

Hy/ Labdien,
My name is saima and i am from pakistan.
I will be studying at TSI for a bachelor degree in social science and management.
I will be in riga for 3 years.
For a moment i am looking for job in any area of  accounts, teaching or any job which i can have without language barriers.
I am very interested in learning latvian, french and russian language.
I would like to request for locals to help me to learn local language of latvia.
I will be very thankful to you all.
Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am considering to move to Latvia and not sure about the whole process. I have 6 years of work experience in IT. Please let me know, how can I get a work permit. Or a job that I can apply for.

I was born in Portugal and I moved to Belgium when I was 26, in 1993. I speak Portuguese, English, Dutch and French. In 2016 I went to Riga for a holiday and since then I return for a weekend every two months. I feel home there and I am planning to move. Unfortunately there is no place in Belgium where I can learn Latvian but I will start learning Russian.

Hello
I do RIGA and I love more and more LATVIA.I consider spending my retirement in this beautiful country.I speak French English a little Russian and put me in Latvian.We talk about a place of nature and wild,  river countryside etc .. .A max hour of riga.Do you you where is?Sorry for my english.

Thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880461

Thanks!

Closed