New members of the Laos forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Laos forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Laos if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everyone! I am a Canadian moving to Vientiane this weekend for six months. I'm incredibly excited to enjoy this beautiful country and its culture, and am looking forward to connecting with you! I'm always open to meeting up for coffee or a drink and good conversation! Cheers.

Hi All
I have been iv Laos for about 12 years now. I have lived in many places around the world and spent enough time in 6 of them to get paid work.The family runs a mixes organic farm in Pakxan which does not make much money , but keeps us occupied.
MY topics of interest are economics and politics on the world stage rather than here.
My philosophy is left of center although I am happy to agree to differ with any other points of view. My present outside Laos project is to design and build a better bush fire shelter.

Hi everyone
   I'm Ronais Honsi from Cameroun just came in last week , presently I leave in Luang Prabang province am  age 24 ,
    I think am loving the place already so right away am in the job market (Teaching English language) to be specific.
          Happy to meet y'all and more especially as together we will get a job for me😁👍👍👍

Hi Ronaishonsi,

Nice to meet you..
hope you enjoy your career over there...

Best Regards,

MP007

Lao American, never been to Laos, I have learned the language (speaking, reading, writing) in spare time (English is my first language). Although I've never been to Laos, I'm happy to share my limited knowledge of culture, history, customs, language, etc.

Hi everyone 😊,

My name is Mimi. I am Thai. I am living in Taiwan. But I am planing to move to Laos ( accompany my Taiwanese husband who gets a job there). I also bring my two kids to Laos with me.
Now I am searching for the information about visa (what kind of visa I should apply for?? and student visa for my kids?? Already Google it, but has few information. If anyone know about visa information and procedure please share and give me some advices. 😊😊

Best regards,
Mimi

As Thailand and Laos are part of the ASEAN group of countries, this will make it easier for you to find work. The 2 languages are similar too. The employer is responsible for the visas.
Try www.immigration,gov.laos for student visas.

Thank you Stumpy 🙂🙂

Hi--I plan on moving to Laos and marrying my long time partner there.    I foresee wrinkles and entanglements in our complicated complications and need advice and information.   My partner and our daughter are moving back to Laos (my partner met me while she was in Thailand).  I am in China teaching.

Welcome to the forum Fredasaurus  :)

Hello everyone,
I am a French-speaking Swiss, I am 54 years old, I retired unofficially 6 years ago, I live with my friend from Laos to Nong khai (Tai) for us both life in Thailand becomes more and more more complex.
She every 30 days to cross the bridge and come back for the renewal of the visa, me every 90 days stamp the passport, then the hardening of the Bahts 800'000.-

So it's coming to live in Laos, we're not married yet and my darling wants to open a restaurant, my question is this is the Farang risk problems and how can I get a work permit or a permanent permit
Thank you for your answers

If you get married there is now a spouse visa available for those who marry a Lao citizen. I suggest you scroll through the posts on the Lao forum and find the spouse visa post that I posted.

So I suggest you first settle in Laos, get married and go through the process to get the spouse visa. You can apply for a work permit once you have the spouse visa.

Hi! I left the US in December of 2018. I spent most of the year in Europe. I landed in Bangkok just 3 weeks ago. I am currently in Phayao. I hope to be in Luang Prabang by around January 10. I would not mind a long term stay if I like Luang Prabang. Long term for me is two months! Perhaps longer if I can get a long term visa.

Welcome to the forum  :)

You will get a 30 day tourist visa on arrival. This can be renewed at an immigration office for another 30 days then you have to leave the country. The renewal should be done at least 5 days before the other runs out.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880460

Thanks!

Closed