New members of the Jordan forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Jordan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Jordan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi how is it going?

Hey. Alexruth all the way from East Africa Uganda. Not new in Jordan am ten months here woow time can fly very fast. It's a beautiful place well but God the winter got me so sick but I am getting through it. People are good but of course some places are quite not polite considering the fact that am black. But all in all i. Starting to fit in and adjust. 😊

Hi,

I recently couple of months before moved to Amman, Jordan with family. I am basically from Quetta, Pakistan and would like to know and further explore Jordan, the culture and if the Pakistani community, restaurants, events, or stores existing in Amman.

Thank you

Aziz Khan

Hi Alexruth, my name is Romana currently living in Colombo - Sri Lanka 🇱🇰. I'm originally from Mozambique 🇲🇿. Will be moving to Amman Sunday next week. Since you're African too, do you happen to know any hairdresser who can braid, weave extensions etc...? If so, kindly could you provide their respective contact numbers please. Thanks 🙏🏽

Looking forward meeting you and everyone else.

🤗🤗

Hi
My name is Yaz
I am Jordanian-British, my wife is German, we have 2 lovely little girls (2 & 4 years old). We are currently living in London, and moving to Jordan mid June 2019. I grew up in Amman, but have been living abroad for 20 years. Looking forward to going back and meeting new & old friends.
I hope this forum is active and enables us to meet some nice people.
See you soon
Yaz

Sorry I saw your text late. But I'll inbox you.

Hi
Greetings to all ,
I am a Jordanian citizen , pilot with Royal Jordanian airline,
I spend most of my time abroad ,
I welcome all expatriates living in Jordan

Hi all,
My name is mohammed (call me Mo), I'm from jordan but i used to live abroad and came back for good like a year and half ago, currently settled in Amman. I'm ERP Business Analyst.

Hello Everyone!
My name is Paula. My family and I (husband and 21 year old son) moved to Irbid, Jordan in October of this year. We are from the United States. We moved to Jordan after living in Botswana for 3.5 years. So far, Irbid is a great little city with friendly people. Looking forward to meeting new friends and families!

Hi...im Bharath
Moving to Amman in one month with family..
I'm from South India..interested in knowing the details of Amman city and rents and Indian community and restaurants...

Thanks

Welcome name sake. Hope you will enjoy Jordan..

Hello,

I'm native Texan from Houston and have been living in Jordan for 5 years. I teach English & Spanish and offer a classroom rental for anyone teaching languages if you are in the Zarqa area. Or just come by and say hello! Hablo Espanol

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Alexruth, im a Ghanaian living in Ghana now but considering to move to Amman in a month time.Can you please brief me about Amman and all that I need to know before I pick my bag.
I'm Domfo.it will be a pleasure to hear from you.

Hey Domfo. Welcome. To the forum.
Well Jordan is a moslem country but there are Christian's around mostly Catholics and the orthodox. So you there is freedom of worship.
If you are staying in amman you will fit in just fine because you will.find people of different ethnicity so you will not feel very uncomfortable. But considering the fact that Arabic is the first language here you have to ty and grapsp a few basic words that can help you around especially if you have to use the taxis or supermarkets or restaurant s. Name it. But there are some people that speak English too but you'll have to take time to catch up.
There is winter and summer here and please keep in mind that this is a desert. It's really hot during summer. And quite cold during winter but not as cold as places up at the North Pole. January and February are too cold.
For food. If there is no meat or chicken on the table then it's not a meal. They love their food here and Turkish coffee or Saudi Arabia coffee or their sweets.
If you drink there are quite a number of liquor stores which are cheaper than the bars and clubt.
The food the drinks the taxi fares are quite affordable but the electricity and water bills are quite high.
That can get you around. Maybe. Hope it is helpful.

Thanks Alexruth.
I wish I could contact you privately for one or two things I want to know. If it wouldn't be a problem.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880453

Thanks!

Closed