New members of the Iceland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Iceland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Iceland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi i am amiran bebia 24 years from georgia

Hi, I'm Nuno from Portugal and I'm trying to find a Mechanical Engineering job in Iceland.

Hello! I am Ben. I currently live in the United States and have recently been searching for Cybersecurity jobs in Iceland. My (now) wife and I recently got married and had our honeymoon in Iceland and loved every minute. We immediately fell in love with the people, culture and nature.

I have been approached by a recruiting firm and have some potential opportunities in the works that could allow us to move to Iceland, which is very exciting. Now that our dream of moving to Iceland could become very real I do have many questions:

1. Can I use my US drivers license as a resident or will I need to take an Icelandic driving test?

2. Is there other sites to look for housing besides http://leigulistinn.is/? This site requires a Icelandic Social to sign up.

3. How difficult is it to open up a Bank Account as an expat?

4. How difficult is it to move our US phones to Iceland's cell service?

In the meantime, I am doing my own research to get these questions answers, but it is always nice to have insider perspective from people who have had to go through the same processes as we are beginning to research!

Cheers!

Ben

Hi I am Sen, I wonder if someone can advice me how to get a job in Iceland . I am a Nurse by profession from my country but I also was granted a certificate to work as assistant nurse ( eg; nursing home, elderly care homes, disabled care homes) in one of the Scandinavian country. I wonder if I can also use this in Iceland as I believe Iceland is also one of the Scandinavian country? do they have age preference in hiring?  please advice. Thanks!

Hi!

My name is Milan, I'm a fresh TEFL graduate, a former University Teaching Assistant (Political Geography, Population Geography), a Geography Teacher and published photographer (Marc Levy, Harper's Bazaar).

I'm looking (not exclusively) employment in my fields of expertise worldwide. Would love to find employment in Iceland more than anywhere else, as a geographer I am a huge admirer of the pristine and amazing nature of Iceland for years, gained a glimpse into Icelandic culture and society through the music, videos of Sigur Ros.

University jobs/projects in the wide range of Human Geography/Social Sciences would interest me, as well working in international schools. Would love to implement my documentary photography/photojournalist, event photography skills as well.

If you find my profile interesting and have a vacancy I could fill in, contact me, looking forward to embrace the opportunities and challenges.

My portfolio >>> [link moderated]

Hi, from Nigeria, currently living in Dubai. planning on moving to iceland, pls how do i get a job when i get there?

Hello,
My name is Hope Oluwafemi.

Hello Ben.
Am still yet to move to Iceland but according to my research, you will need Kennitala to open a bank account which you will be able to get once you get to Iceland with your work visa.

Ben, can you please give me the contact details of the recruiting company that approached you because i'm trying to get a job over there at Iceland.

Thank you and all the best.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880444

Thanks!

Closed