New members of the Hong Kong forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hong Kong forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hong Kong if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hallo to everyone,
i'm Sandro and i own a company in f&b  market in hk.

I'm trying to move to HK, but at the moment i'm doing back and forth from Italy.

Am Samuel Maikuma Musiya, a job seeker. From Kenya and will to travel when i find a job and learn the new culture

Hi everyone,

This is Tim,  I am from the States and now lives in HK.  See ya around!

From Singapore. Moving to Hong Kong

hello everyone,
i'm Mohamed from Egypt, currently living between Egypt and Hong Kong, holding HK ID and planning to move in, but don't know how to find a job in Hong Kong as most jobs request Cantonese language,
in my home town i have a good job with good position at korean construction company.
any idea will be appreciated

Hello everyone, my name is John and I'm hoping to find an English Language Teaching job in Hong Kong. I would love to move there as soon as possible.

Hi, everyone. I'm Gina and I live in Hong Kong  in the New Territories. I'm a lifelong journalist but now I'm a technology analyst. I've yet to check out the expat scene, which is why I'm here. Trying to plug in ...

Try LinkedIn!
gs

Hi guys!

I'm Howard, and I finally settled here in Hongkong just late last year.

I met my wife here, and we are both working for an NGO.

Let's all be safe :)

Hi all,

For anyone who wishes to work in Hong Kong, here is the link: https://hk.jobsdb.com/hk
Hope it helps. By the way, linkedin works fine too.

Thanks,
Sam.

Hi John,

There are two ways to help you find a job for teaching English in Hong Kong.
The local agents
(1) help you find some local students to learn English. You will be a 1 to 1 English teacher as a part time job (or their so called freelance). The agents may charge the first two lessons' salaries from you.
(2) help you find a full time job for teaching English at an English learning centre or a tutorial school.

Hope it works.
Sam.

Hi Mohammed,

Not all companies in Hong Kong request local cantonese language. Try look for some large corporations and they may put you somewhere no local language is required.

Hope it helps.
Sam.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880442

Thanks!

Closed