New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Australia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone
My girlfriend has recently arrived in Perth from Manila and it would be great if she could meet some other ladies from her homeland. She is 33 and very sociable. We live in Mindarie and have a beautiful baby girl.

Welcome to the forum  :)

I suggest a Google search. I typed "filipino community Perth Australia"  into my search engine and there is a Face Book page and other places you can research and contact.

Hello. I am Rosie, I'm from Vietnam. I studied in Singapore for 1 and a half year with Bussiness and management. Now I cam to Australia with an open work visa, I am still looking for a job here. Hope I can find it soon

Hi everyone :) I am seriously considering to move to Australia and work. I hope I get hired soon.

Hello people! I'm Shane from Mackay Queensland Australia, currently working in the coal mines,  married but seperated now to a Vietnamese lady in Hanoi, here to share my experiences in Vietnam and share my story with the relationship I had the good and bad, hopefully some people have similar experiences with mine and can chat, perhaps I can also pass on some friendly advice. I plan to visit Vietnam again in the future, loved my time there and yearn to go back.

Hi, yes Mr, Julien  as shown above ? I'm planning to come it Australia to find life ? I never entered in Australia ? It will be my first time to get there ? So no body I know there I'm asking anyone who can/ may give me a Job , ? I'm Hard worker ? I can't choose kinds of Job any I do ? Except Ilegal job those Ilegal I can't do? Only Legal jobs I do ? So anyone over there may I help me a job ? Like Cattle Keepers/  Cleaning / Shop kepper/ Driving / Farming / Industry Loading/Offloading/ Port works/ Railrway jobs/ Heavytrucking / Bus terminal jobs. And many more ? Thank you very much ?  My name is , TAITAS MAURUS MBILINYI.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board.

@ Taitas Maurus, please drop an advert in the Jobs in Australia section of the website for better visibility.

Have a look here as well : https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi everybody,
Im Faiz, new to the forum and new to Australia. I've been here a couple of months so i'm still trying to adjust. First long-term move away from home, family and friends - so I'm just trying to learn what I can. Maybe make new friends around Melbourne who understand the anxiety of such a huge move. 
I came through the skilled migration stream so I guess I can help with questions on that if they come close to my case

:/

Hello,
Am Peter from Kenya and have never been to Australia am also new to this forum. I have experience in Telecommunications field and wish to find a suitable job in Australia. Any assistance will be highly appreciated.
Best regards
Peter

Hello world. I am a Kenyan looking to live and work in Australia. I am a Freelance writer and Artiste.

Thank you Julien  my name is Nantumbwe Kasifa  living in Uganda .i have a dream of going to Australia to get a job and exploit any other opportunity like further studies and making new friends

Hi Everyone,
I am Aragon from Singapore. My company is in the process of transferring me to their Australia branch and is working to get me the work visa in Australia.
I am looking forward to start a new chapter in Australia and looking forward to meet new friends.

Cheers!

Hello Aragon,

Welcome to Sydney

Hi Ahjay,
Thanks!
How long have you been in Australia?

Hi I'm Somone. I'm an Australian who has been living in Scotland for the past 3 years. I love answering questions on the Scotland forum so I thought I would help out here as well. I've lived in many different parts of Australia and worked in Queensland and Canberra across private enterprise and government. I did my high schooling and most recently lived on the Gold Coast, Queensland.

Hi Somone,
What is the reason you leaving Australia when many people will like to move to Australia?

I get that question a lot. Australia is a beautiful country and I love it but I want to travel the northern hemisphere where most of the world lives. Europe and the US are a lot cheaper to visit when you live in the UK. The cost of a 6 week holiday for a family of 4 was about the same cost as relocating. We were fortunate to be eligible for a UK Ancestry Visa that gives us the opportunity to live and work in the UK for 5 yrs and then apply for permanent residency and a year later citizenship. As part of the Commonwealth we can have dual citizenship with UK and Australia. So we may return in 5, 10 or 50 years. Not sure.

Hello, I'm Edward Wilson and I'm new here, Nice to meet you.

Hello Dear
I am rabah, 44 old, married have 2 children,
I have 9 years experience in Ericsson in technical and project management
And 1 years in Nokia as site manager,
I am seeking new opportunities and I would like to relocate for ever
I manager wireless networks GSM 3G
I managed ertms telecom network (rail)
I managed highway telecom Project

Regards

Rabhi rabah

Hello hello, Tanja here.

I live on Macleay Island one of 4 islands that make up the Southern Moreton Bay Islands (SMBI)  nestled between Redland Bay and the beautiful North Stradbroke Island.  I'm a water person all round.  I'm on this site specifically to seek out experts in Bali/Indonesian beauty therapies.  My partner and I are going to open an elite beauty spa on our small island.  So if you or someone you know is seeking work and are qualified expert beauticians would love to hear from you.  There is the option to have accommodation included in salary which can be paid either cash in hand for direct debit.  Do yourselves a favour a Google Map Macleay Island Qld.

SUNNY cheerz
Tanja

Hi Friends. Planning to stay a few weeks ,possibly in Hanoi . Our contact is" Friends Travel Vietnam ," in Hanoi, Sidney and Thao. Great operators.
Will be touch ,looking for detail later.
Regards
Stainless
Darwin NT Australia..

hello Sir,
Aman this side from india n i'm  student  and i've got selected in oaks group of hotel in australia
so i want to know what are the average exoanse for living in australia of month???

Hello am Emmanuel Opare from Ghana a chemical engineer. I want to further my education in chemical engineering so please can you help me make enquiries to check if I can get a university that can offer me a program to study in chemical engineering.

Hi Guys,

I am Mahesh from India working as Marketing Manger in Insurance Industry with US MNC. I am new here at this forum, joined this forum and website in my search for jobs at Australia. I have more 10 years of experience in IT & Marketing.

- Just wanted to know what are the common pre-requisites for jobs at Australia?
- Where do I start?
- Is it really hard or close to none chances of finding jobs and moving to Australia?
- Are there any good firm that help for work VISA and job positions?

Thanks in Advance.

Hello pals,
Looking forward moving to Australia from Kenya for studies and work, although Australian education system is very expensive. I got an offer to study in one of Australia's institutes this year  but I postponed due to high cost involved. Still raising atleast 50℅ of the cost from friends and family members before  next semester February 2020.

I request if anyone can connect me with any entry level jobs  to enable me cater for part of my  school fees before I move in next year. I am career Logistician . Thanks.

You can only work 20 hours a week whilst in a study visa.

Hi

Could you explain what an open work visa is and how you got it?

Cool guys, good luck!

I am from Pakistan, residing in Saudi Arabia. I am coming to Melbourne in a couple of months with my family. I am Chemist/University Professor with over 8 years work experience. I have done my PhD in Chemistry from University of Bristol, UK in 2010.

I would like to get information regarding housing/locality, and schooling for my kids.
Thanks

Hi. I'm Anise Nursyamsu. I had 12 years experience in the Warehouse Logistics and Supply Chains. I'm interested with Mining job. I'm experienced in Heavy Duty Spareparts Warehouse like Caterpillar, Komatsu, etc.
I'm looking new opportunities at Australia.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880369

Thanks!

Closed