New members of the Angola forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Angola forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Angola if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

greetings,
My name is Mulenga Kabombo , a graduate in Civil Engineering . i need help finding viable opportunities in Angola as an intern or permanent . i am ready to start work as soon as possible

Greetings all!  I'll be moving to Luanda around December.  I've heard a lot of negative and very little positive.  I hope this is just "fake news" from people who haven't been there.

Hello everyone, I am Panos, a 44yo Greek language teacher from Greece. I have taught the language all over the country but also around Europe. For the past 3 years I closely work supporting refugees in the country, providing information on language classes, job hunting, healthcare and anything to do with tax and administration. More particularly, for the past year I have been working as Educational Coordinator in the largest refugee camp in the capital Athens. I also have been a regional coordinator for a Swedish grassroots organisation supporting refugee families.
I have been an advocate for refugee rights in Greece and Europe.
I speak Greek, English, German, Swedish and I am currently learning Arabic.
Eager for new experiences, I am considering relocating to Angola and ideally work in the humanitarian field. I have just started out my research, so any info and pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
I am Emmanuel. I lived for a while in Nairobi but now I want to relocate to Luanda. I teach English Language. I don't know if there is anyone out there who can help me with a teaching job. Many thanks

Hi all.
I will be relocating to Angola by December 2019. I'm currently an English teacher in my country but, will be moving to Luanda to join my husband.
I will be greatly pleased if someone can help me secure an English teaching job.
Thanks

Hi

I got an opportunity in Angola-Luanda in here are the details and please tell me is it worth taking risk for this salary and apart from this what all the points I need to negotiate before accepting offer .
please give me an input

Company        :    Amadora Group
Salary.              :   1500$

Benefits and Terms:

1. TRANSPORT:
You are entitled to a free transport facility from home to the Office and back.

2.    ACCOMMODATION:
You are entitled to a Rent free furnished bachelor sharing accommodation. Domestic Servant, Electricity, Water & Cable TV connection charges will be paid by the company.

3.   FOOD:
You are entitled to a fixed food allowance of USD. 300 (Three hundred United States Dollars) per month, which shall be paid in Local Currency at the applicable bank rate.

4.  TELEPHONE:
You are entitled to a fixed telephone allowance of USD.25 (Twenty Five United States Dollars) per month for international calls. And all your official local telephone calls will be completely free.

5. WORKING HOURS:
Your hours of work are:-​
Monday to Saturday 8.00a.m to 7.00p.m

7. LEAVE/HOLIDAYS:
You will be entitled to Thirty (30) days paid leave for every Two (2) years. Ticket will be paid by the Company.

8. MEDICAL:
You will be entitled to be reimbursed for your medical (excluding dental, ophthalmic and maternity tests) attention fees for treatment of minor and common ailments bill.

Watch out for companies asking for cash.  Scammers commonly steal a real company name to use for Visa scams

I haven't found any company website with that name

Tejz58 wrote:

I haven't found any company website with that name

That's what made me suspicious in the first place but I only had my phone with me so searching wasn't that easy.
The big scam is asking for visa or medical certificate money, often both - If you get that sort of request, you can guarantee it's a scam.

Ya I understand I will be careful Thankyou for info

Hi,
I am Louis Verde. I lived for a while in Dubai but now I want to relocate to Luanda.

Hello, I am Uapereiteka Muharukua, knows as Methodology, I am from Namibia and I am teaching English as second or foreign language, I am looking for English job in Angola in any place in Angola.

Hi,
Greeting,
before answering this I would clear that I don't know your background , nature of duties , and other competitive/optional  opportunities in hand . 
Local currency devaluation impacted negatively in gray market . 1 USD is equal to 700 Kwanza now a days . This much salary & facility only will allow you to breath , eat , work  and live life like a slave .
2 years work and being back to home will drastically change your opinions towards life .
12 hours a day working will not allow you to do anything other than work .
Its worth to ask , will company provide you weekly tour for refreshment / family accommodation after working few years with them .
Its up to you by considering your personal situation to deny if you have some better opportunities in hand or accept it to live what you get .

Hi Greeting ,
what purpose you are moving , I mean to work or as a dependent . Welcome in advance .

Hey!

Im travelling to Luanda every few months for work. Looking for friends and sailing opportunities while I visit for business.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880363

Thanks!

Closed