Software developer moving to Germany

Hi, I live in Delhi and applied for a job in Germany through sites like LinkedIn, glassdoor etc and finally cleared all the rounds and received the offer letter. Its been almost a week since I was offered the job and I am considering to join the company. I have 2-3 years of experience as a developer in India.

What is the average salary for a software developer with 2-3 years of experience?  I have researched on various website and it says 3500-4000 euros per month.  Can I get first-hand information from people on this forum, please?

What would be the tax rate? considering that I am married with no children. 

Does Employer offer to pay 50% of the tax for the employee?  Does such a benefit exist?  (I know its a stupid question but I have heard from my friend. I'm not sure if its true)

The employer will help with Visa and relocation. But as per my limited knowledge, All I know is that until I find a place to rent, the employer helps with money or pays compensation. Is this true?

Do employers offer accommodation? ( I heard some companies do)

Is there is anything else I need to know before I accept the offer? Please let me know. I will be grateful.

Thanks for your time and patience.

AstralinBielefeld wrote:

What is the average salary for a software developer with 2-3 years of experience?  I have researched on various website and it says 3500-4000 euros per month.  Can I get first-hand information from people on this forum, please?

The salary depends on your education, work experience, how well this fits the employers needs, how urgently they need you, the job scope, industry, and last not least your negotiation skills.
You won't get a had number here, but the offered salary is certainly not outside the normal range.

AstralinBielefeld wrote:

What would be the tax rate? considering that I am married with no children.

Again this depends on various factors specific to your personal situation.´
As a first indication, you can consult online tax calculators like www.brutto-netto-rechner.info.
With €3500/month pre-tax and some assumptions that typically apply, I calculated €2400/month if your wife moves with you, or €2200 if not ("single" for tax purposes).

AstralinBielefeld wrote:

Does Employer offer to pay 50% of the tax for the employee?  Does such a benefit exist?  (I know its a stupid question but I have heard from my friend. I'm not sure if its true)

This does not exist in Germany. Taxes are your own personal responsibility.

AstralinBielefeld wrote:

All I know is that until I find a place to rent, the employer helps with money or pays compensation. Is this true?
Do employers offer accommodation? ( I heard some companies do)

It is not uncommon for employers to pay a hotel or temporary apartment during the initial period (until you find a place to rent), but this is not automatic and up to negotiations.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to give detailed answers.

beppi wrote:

The salary depends on your education, work experience, how well this fits the employer's needs, how urgently they need you, the job scope, industry, and last not least your negotiation skills.
You won't get a had number here, but the offered salary is certainly not outside the normal range.
?

If their need for a developer is urgent, does that mean they would generally offer a better salary and I have more scope to negotiate?

Can you give me a general idea on what all to negotiate or ask about apart from salary? Become I know many other things are important like accommodation, benefits. Could you please name a few for me?

It''s good that you have an idea about the salary, this way you can negociate, just be confident in your knowledge.  Usually the employer does not offer accomodation but again, this is up to you to negociate. The tax is your responsibility.

AstralinBielefeld wrote:

If their need for a developer is urgent, does that mean they would generally offer a better salary and I have more scope to negotiate?

Isn't this obvious?

AstralinBielefeld wrote:

Can you give me a general idea on what all to negotiate or ask about apart from salary? Become I know many other things are important like accommodation, benefits. Could you please name a few for me?

Generally, German companies are not very willing to offer non-financial perks.
There is definitely no scope for negotiations on taxes and health insurance (your personal responsibility!) and annual leave (which is generous anyway in Germany). Performance-related bonusses and company car are common, relocation costs and temporary accommodation are almost always given, others (like accommodation, home trips) uncommon but worth asking about.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate nomad2012

Hi beppi, I didn't really ask about home trips. That is a good point, I will surely ask them