Get to know Bhutan

I'm a 50ish Italian self-employed General Medicine practitioner.
I would like to visit Bhutan and see how hospitals and schools work there, this interests me more than going for the landmark-tour usually offered.
I appreciate the strict regulations in place to protect Bhutan (as well as hill-advised tourists) from busybodies roaming the country unchecked and therefore I wonder if there is any other form of visa I could apply for, to stay in the country for a while (one o two months): for example a short term contract as a voluteer?
I speak only Italian ad English, but I would like to study dzongkha, if the need arises.
Thanks to anyone that can give me some advice.



New topic