Long stay visa

Hey guys right here goes..

My wife and I would like to live in France.

We are currently living in Australia. I am a kiwi married to a french citizen.  We got married in Australia and have a daughter who is one year's old.  She was born in France.

We have just got back official documents of our wedding certificate from the French embassy,  I didn't quite understand this part but apparently our marriage wouldn't be recognized in France unless we sent these papers to the French embassy which we did.

Now I've never needed a visa before and struggling with this wizard visa on the website...

The link :

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/ … Model=true

You need a visa unless you are

and one of the options was -

> Family member of a citizen of EU/EEA/Swiss national (for the family member involved, refer to the section “your plan”, choose “family purpose” then “family of european national ”) and if you are exempt from a short stay visa for the Schengen Area.

*(or Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway or Switzerland).

After clicking around and multiply windows opening I get lost...
I'm just puzzeled of what long stay visa is for me...

I'm even more confused as I was also told that I didn't need a long stay visa since I was married,  and have a daughter who was born in France and just to go the prefecture close to the area I would be staying in France and apply for a resident permit??? That would be able for me to stay longer.

It's doing my head in,  any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys..

Hi

I'm not sure how you get extra windows popping but I clicked on long stay and it took me to a page where I completed my personal information including addresses of where I'll be staying in France.

Then after that it lead me to a page where i set my appointment.

[email protected]
Send an email to the above address they respond quick quick. I however advise you email them in both English and French.

Good luck.

You need visa conjoint de français

You can get residence permits of one year or more, I dont think there is such a thing as a "long stay" visa. I dont think so, but if you are legally married to a French citizen then it wont be hard, you can probably get five to ten year residence permits with a procedure. Even a Carte de Sejour is quite possible in your circumstances. Do start the process from Australia though. But don't worry about it, as the spouse of a citizen and a citizen of a first world country it should be fine. But do live there for a while before burning all your bridges

If I understood well they said I can only apply for permanent residence when I'm in France. For now (I'm Zimbabwean in South Africa) they said I should apply for a long stay visa which is 90days.