Leaving with expired VISA ( 1 day ).

Hi,

Asking for a friend of mine leaving on the 6th of February.

3 months multiple entry VISA expiration is 5th of February and flight ticket out = 6th of February.
This means leaving 1 day late. And then the plan is to get back to Nha Trang with a new VISA on arrival, 10th of february.

Anyone with experience or idea what would happen in this scenario? Would there be a fee for being late or would they not let my friend in on  new arrival directly after this? Or am I worrying to much?

When I entered Vietnam they didnt even care for me to fill in the papers fully, didnt sign the paper and didnt pay full price; was suprising how easy and kind they were  :)

I have no direct experience but let me ask you why take a chance?  Is it impossible for you to change your ticket to leave on the 5th or even the 4th?  This forum is loaded with threads started by people who are immigration blacklisted.  They may not catch it on your way back but it might filter out later.

One day late is like being a little bit pregnant.

mix624 wrote:

Hi,

Asking for a friend of mine leaving on the 6th of February.

3 months multiple entry VISA expiration is 5th of February and flight ticket out = 6th of February.
This means leaving 1 day late. And then the plan is to get back to Nha Trang with a new VISA on arrival, 10th of february.

Anyone with experience or idea what would happen in this scenario? Would there be a fee for being late or would they not let my friend in on  new arrival directly after this? Or am I worrying to much?

When I entered Vietnam they didnt even care for me to fill in the papers fully, didnt sign the paper and didnt pay full price; was suprising how easy and kind they were  :)

Please tell your 'friend' that you were wise enough to seek a definitive answer for him/her/them on the internet, where you were fortunate enough to receive a reply from me, the unquestioned authority on all Vietnam visa issues, and that I said, without a doubt, there is NOTHING to worry about being one teeny weeny day late getting out of Dodge.

Or maybe.

I thought you would appreciate a definitive, verifiable answer.

I been through that experience.  Most hotels wont let you stay if you're visa is expired and they are required to report it to the police or whatever department handles that. And you will get a fine when you get to the airport.  Pay it and you're free to go.

Be nice and apologetic.  Don't carry too much cash in your pockets. Speak English only. and  PAY the fine. I believe Vietnam customs will be asking the questions.   And don't get blacklisted.

So easy to fix this problem before it is even a problem.  Why wouldn't you find a way to get out early?

I've done it before.  They usually don't care unless you are way over-stayed.  If they give you *** then just act apologetic and after they stamp you and you cross the yellow line, you can just flip them off like I always do.

mix624 wrote:

Hi,

Asking for a friend of mine leaving on the 6th of February....

what time is your friend's flight on the 6th?

Even if it was at 23:59, if I was him/her, I would go to airport on 5th and just make sure I cross immigration desk before the clock strikes midnight and the 06th is upon us (you friend is familiar with the cinderella story, right?..). Then wait at airport until my flight. There is plenty to do.

It is one of the places where 'window shopping' is acceptable (even welcome I'd say) in Vietnam.

If I have an important business meeting or wedding to attend the next day on 06th soon after the flight, then I'd probably not do the above and resort to arriving at airport closer to flight time then paying any fine/tea money.

Never been in this situation in Vietnam. Have done in Laos, where I paid 10 USD for leaving 1 day late. In loas they mentioned the overstay fine quite clearly on signs. I read that other places like Japan also mention it clearly. I believe Vietnam doesn't, so, it's based on the immigration officer he/she deals with on the day.

edit: If fine is imposed it can be from 500,000 to 2,000,000 for 1-15 day overstay, according to this source: http://dulichthegioi247.com/v/dich-vu-v … -visa-168/

Don't know how reliable the above source is though.

How is flipping them off once they let you slide in anyway productive? You must be a pleasure to be around.