Name on iqama not same as per passport.

I am Australian and my wife is pakistani national. Problem is name on my wife iqama is not same as per her passport. Eitamad the saudi agent sitting in pakistan have added my full name next my wife name on her issued saudi visa stamped on her passport and than that wrog name was transfered later on her iqama. I went to jawazat and they told me its not in their hand to correct the name of my wife as per passport, its not an interior ministry case. They told me to visit mofa ( exterior ministry) i went there and mofa said its not our case, you should contact eitamad agent in pakistan who stampped the visa on her wife passport. I contacted eitamad and told them you guys did a mistake in entering the name of my wife on her visa, i give you all her documents and none of the documents shows the wrong name even the visa issued from.istaqdam got her name same as per passport . In summary i said to them.you guys did a mistake so you fix the problem and their response was its not in our hand now lol. We issued the visa and your wife is in saudi arabia now, our issued visa validity is 90 days and its expired now :). Iqama is already issued, go to jawazat and they will fix the problem. How can i correct my wife name on her iqama as per passport now ? What to do ?

Hi HJQ,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please feel free to go through the existing threads in the Information on visas in Saudi Arabia section, you may find some interesting information.

All the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Welcome to majikal kingdom. It is not us, we are not responsible for this are some common answers, get used to them. I say you were sent for the wild goose chase lolz
Now, start with the jawazat and ask for the Department where information get a corrected, updated, it is called تحديث بيانات in arabic. Perhaps you have done it before but this time ask for someone incharge and explain him your situation again.
Keep in mind it is interior case not exterior and show them resident permit of your wife without bringing story of her visa.
Again if rejected head for MOI office and ask for help. I hope it helps.

Frankly, it doesn't matter as long as wife's name is correct in those two names i.e. the bit that is before your name.

Because in most countries of the GCC, quite often they end up automatically adding the name of the husband after the wife on the resident permit.   It is that cultural angle.  So it doesn't end up posing any issues during travel or otherwise as authorities are used to it.  Sometimes they do it for kids as well but not always. 

I have had the same happen to me for my wife's residency in UAE and then in Bahrain.  In both countries, the name also appeared that way in the Emirates ID and the Bahrain CPR in addition to the residence permit.   On top of this, for Bahrain, on my wife's documents they even misspelled my name slightly i.e. added an A.   None of these applications was through Etimad and we submitted perfectly correct data. 

I have been here in the GCC for almost a decade and have traveled heavily with the family - all over the world as well as getting visas on arrival in GCC.  Never faced an issue.

Have you faced any problems due to that?

My wife's name on IQAMA contains my full name after her first, last name and she has not faced any issues.