Dubai Modern High School UAE

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone can advise me further about whether they have dealt with the above school?
[email protected]
http://www.dmhsauae.com/

They have contacted me offering me a position but it just shouts out scam to me. They have requested me to get in touch with a travel agency and process my documents. Following this, they will apparently reimburse me.

Below is a copy of the email recently received,

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks.

Dear ..........

I hereby acknowledge the receipt of your mail and further confirm that
this offer letter is from us.

We want you to send the acceptance signed page to AIR WORLD TRAVELS AND
TOURS AGENCY via [email protected]. Then begin with the
legal formalities to obtain your travelling documents immediately. All
new employee(s) are expected to secure their contract Employment Visa
Entry Permit and Authorization Papers through AIR WORLD TRAVELS AND
TOURS AGENCY here in Ministry of Labour/Interior United Arab Emirates
Only.

Please urgently contact AIR WORLD TRAVELS AND TOURS AGENCY and submit a
copy of your signed contract, they will inform you the processing
requirements and processing fee, which you have to send to them
immediately for the procurement of your necessary travelling documents
that will enable you to live and work in UAE legally.

Be informed that we will reimburse any Expenses you inured to process
your travelling documents immediately you submit your expenses report to
us via email. Always Update us with the process between you and the AIR
WORLD TRAVELS AND TOURS AGENCY. If there are queries or questions from
your side, please feel free to contact us.

We wish you a long and happy association with our team.

Congratulations once again on your successful emergence!

DR JAMES LARRY
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL UAE
Address: Nad Al Sheba
Dubai , United Arab Emirates
PHONE NUMBER:  +971527561692
OFFICIAL EMAIL:   [email protected]

Hi I have received the same email today.

It is an scam because the real website of the school is

https://www.gemsmodernacademy-dubai.com

And if you see the email is sent from a gmail account which is not normal.

I have forwarded the email to the school principal

Mrs. Nargish Khambatta

Principal - GEMS Modern Academy

[email protected]

It is a shame because the job would be amazing, but too good to be true.

I hope that they will do something to get these people, although who knows where they are.

It is 100% a scam.  Any job offer out of the blue which asks you to pay money for any reason is.

And post on the UAE forum - these are Saudi Arabia forums.

@ Sky fall : Your topic is now on the United Arab Emirates forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

It is a scam for sure.

so, is this a scam? Because I also receive the same email. Let me know.

Hi there,

Good day!

I received an email yesterday informing me that my application for a position has been successful.

I wondered if anyone can advise me further if this offer is LEGIT or SCAM.

They have requested me to get in touch with a travel agency and process my documents. Following this, they will apparently reimburse me for all expenses that I may incur during the process.

Below is a copy of the email recently received,

Any advice on this would be great.

Thank you

DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL congratulates you over your success!!!

This is an affirmation that your experience and qualifications were found successful for the requirements of DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL.

Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing the Prototype of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, sign on the last page and Send us a Scanned Copy of the Acceptance page and a copy to the  AL SHAHAD TRAVEL AGENCY ABU DHABI U.A.E     for the procurement of your necessary traveling papers.

Now, you have to contact the  AL SHAHAD TRAVEL AGENCY ABU DHABI U.A.E   for the procurement / acquisition of your work/residence permit papers which will empower you to live and work legally here in U.A.E. also sign the Contract agreement and send to  AL SHAHAD TRAVEL AGENCY ABU DHABI U.A.E     with the below information.

AL SHAHAD TRAVEL AGENCY ABU DHABI U.A.E
ADDRESS: Hamdan Street, Al Masaood Tower,
Ground floor Next to BHS, Bank Milli Iran Build
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Email: [email protected]
Official Email: [email protected]
Telephone:+971543437098
Contact Person: JUSTIN  ROBERT
HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS

This is in line with the Expatriate Statuary Law of UAE in compliance with the U.N. Terrorism Act.

Update us with the process between you and the agency in case of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their requirements quick for the fastest process from their office.

Also remember that any Expenses made by you on the process of registering your documents shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report to us via email. Also be informed that once the process is completed your hard copies will be delivered to any postal address of your choice.

There will be a mandatory Orientation/Training Exercise for all Newly Employed Expatriates which will take place within the Work Metropolis of DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL,and this Program will start 7 days on arrival for work sign-on.

Should you require more information, Please feel free to contact the DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL immediately with the below information's for more clarifications.

DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL (DUBAI UAE)
DR JAMES LARRY
PHONE NUMBER:+971 525 596546
OFFICIAL EMAIL:[email protected]

Congratulations! On your Appointment.

Regards
Dr. James Larry
HR/Employment Recruitment Manager
Emails: [email protected]
+971 525 596546

Do you really need to ask?
It's blindingly obviously a scam.

Since they have provided the number and other details, do call once and ask everything. It should be a scam, but asking once should not a problem. Just clarify your doubt.

abdulkaddir wrote:

Since they have provided the number and other details, do call once and ask everything. It should be a scam, but asking once should not a problem. Just clarify your doubt.

How wrong can a post be?
I'll break it down for any possible readers of this thread...

Start with

IBC Caroline wrote:

They have requested me to get in touch with a travel agency and process my documents. Following this, they will apparently reimburse me for all expenses that I may incur during the process.

Course they will - If you ever catch them.
Real companies don't ask people to pay, and real companies don;t send out of the blue emails as the OP described.

IBC Caroline wrote:

U.N. Terrorism Act

When did the UN start making laws?

IBC Caroline wrote:

Success in getting spammed by a random email?

IBC Caroline wrote:

traveling papers.

Quality school - They can neither the gist of a text right, nor the spelling

IBC Caroline wrote:

@outlook.com

Ding dong goes a massive warning bell - an outlook address - What professional company uses them?

IBC Caroline wrote:

expenses made by you on the process of registering your documents shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report to us via email.

\
There goes confirmation they're going to ask for your hard earned cash -SCAM!!!!!

IBC Caroline wrote:

PHONE NUMBER:+971 525 596546

Which is also the number for:

Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Occidental Tower Sultan bin Zayed,Street 4. Al Muroor Area P.O.Box 73243. Tel: +971 525 596546

gulfpetrochem.com/

Address: AL Nahyan Camp, Abu Dhabi
P .O. Box 73243
Abu Dhabi -United Arab Emirate

Telephone: +971 525 596546

Busy number - Would you like me to go further? There's plenty more

By the way, the school changed it's name

https://www.gemsmodernacademy-dubai.com … principal/

www.dmhsch.com

Mmmm

Registered On:2019-03-18 - Ooops

Thank you so much. This is really helpful.

I received this email below today.  Very sad how the scammers try to exploit people.

This is an affirmation that your experience and qualifications were found successful for the requirements of DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL.

Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing the Prototype of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, sign on the last page and Send us a Scanned Copy of the Acceptance page and a copy to the TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC for the procurement of your necessary traveling papers.

Now, you have to contact the TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC for the procurement / acquisition of your work/residence permit papers which will empower you to live and work legally here in U.A.E. also sign the Contract agreement and send to TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC with the below information.

TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC
Telephone: +971553139098
Contact Person: DR. EDEN ROBERT

This is in line with the Expatriate Statuary Law of UAE in compliance with the U.N. Terrorism Act.

Update us with the process between you and the agency in case of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their requirements quick for the fastest process from their office.

Also remember that any Expenses made by you on the process of registering your documents shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report to us via email. Also be informed that once the process is completed your hard copies will be delivered to any postal address of your choice.

There will be a mandatory Orientation/Training Exercise for all Newly Employed Expatriates which will take place within the Work Metropolis of DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL,and this Program will start 7 days on arrival for work sign-on.

Should you require more information, Please feel free to contact the DUBAI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL immediately with the below information's for more clarifications.

DR JAMES LARRY
PHONE NUMBER: +971524986177
OFFICIAL EMAIL: [email protected]

Regards
Dr. James Larry
+971524986177
Show quoted text

Absolutely a scam.

I have also recieved an offer from the same person, same email address. Probably they get our email addresses from a job site. And i have registered myself to many jobsites.

Its a scam for sure.

IBC Caroline wrote:

so, is this a scam? Because I also receive the same email. Let me know.

Can u pls copy and paste here  the email that u receive, because i do receive the email job offer from Dubai Modern highschool on 19th March 2019. Lets clarify this and clear our doubts. If the email match, then it is a scam.

THIS IS THE MSG THAT I RECEIVED.

Attention: MRS. Khan,

Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing the Prototype of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, sign on the last page and Send us a Scanned Copy of the Acceptance page and a copy to the TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC for the procurement of your necessary traveling papers.

Now, you have to contact the TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC for the procurement / acquisition of your work/residence permit papers which will empower you to live and work legally here in U.A.E. also sign the Contract agreement and send to TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC with the below information.

TRANS-MEDIA TRAVELS LLC
Official Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +971553139098
Contact Person: DR. EDEN ROBERT

DR JAMES LARRY
PHONE NUMBER: +971524986177
OFFICIAL EMAIL: [email protected]

Regards
Dr. James Larry
+971524986177

trans-mediattavelsllc.com - Not registered

dmhsuae.com  - Their number is listed as +234.8158972047 - A number used on a lot of scam sites, mostly Nigerian listings

Don't send any money or you'll lose it.

I also received the same email today!! But now it looks like they're changing it to Abu Dhabi Modern High School UAE.

As soon as I saw the email I knew it was a scam because I never even had any contact from anyone about the job or position when I applied. No call, no video chat, no email to set up an interview time/date, no verbal contact to offer me the job, etc.

Also, from the salary offer in the attached document I knew it was a scam. They were offering $4,000 (USD) more than I am currently earning in Saudi Arabia and everyone knows Saudi offers the highest salaries (for teachers anyway) out of all the Gulf countries. Secondly, their total salary package had me earning more than a medical doctor back in Canada or USA....lmao...these guys are such incompetent buffoons. SCAM!! SCAM!! SCAM!! that's all you need to know!!

Here is the exact email I received today, word for word:

NOTIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT
JOB REFERENCE No: ADMHS/197/2019/027

Congratulations! following the completion of your job application and educational qualification, we are pleased to confirm that you have been selected to work for ABU DHABI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL UAE.

We are delighted to make you the following offer in this position on our team, based on your previous work experience and your impressive educational accomplishments.

Please find attached herewith, is the prototype of your Employment Letter which contains the Terms and Conditions of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval.  On your review and acceptance of this Contract Package, sign on the last page and send back to us a scanned copy of the Acceptance (Last) Page by email.

However, you have to contact TRANSCOPE TRAVELS AND TOURS AGENCY for the acquisition of your UAE Work/Residence Permit Papers which will enable you to legally live and work in U.A.E. Also send the signed Copy of the Acceptance page to the Travel Agency, through their contact details below:

CONTACT PERSON:  MR. AHMED RAMI / HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS  AND HEALTH INSURANCE PAPERS
TRANSCOPE TRAVELS AND TOURS AGENCY
3605, Latifa Tower B, Trade Centre First,
Shk. Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 58 686 9288

The hard copies of your Contract documents have been forward to TRANSCOPE TRAVELS AND TOURS AGENCY, who shall solicit on the preparation of your Working Visa Resident Permit from the Visa Authorities here in UAE. The same will be sent to you through courier service after all formalities have been accomplished with the UAE Visa Authorities here in UAE. This is in line with the Expatriate Statuary Law of UAE.

Keep us update with the process between you and the travel agency in case of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their requirements quickly for the fastest process from their office. Also remember that any expense you make for the processing of your UAE Residence/Work Permit Papers shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report/receipt to us via email.

NOTIFICATION FOR ELABORATION PROGRAM
Upon your arrival to Abu Dhabi International Airport; you shall be received at the Airport by our delegates. Also there will be a mandatory teacher orientation / elaboration training program, organized for all teacher by the management to orient newly employed staff about the school, the Executives, Departments, and more on your job duties. This will take place within the Premises of ABU DHABI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL UAE, and this Program will start 14 days on arrival for work sign-on.

It is of very importance that your make sure your participate on the elaboration program which is scheduled to commence on your stipulated joining date. This means you should be able to relocated before your states joining date.

ELABORATION PROGRAM NUMBER
Your assigned Elaboration Program Number for the 2019 ABU DHABI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL UAE training program is (ADMHS)-73919.
We at ABU DHABI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL UAE congratulates you today on your success emergence and look forward to welcoming you aboard

Should you require more information, please feel free to contact us immediately.

Best Regards
DR. Clifford J. Darwish
HR Director
ABU DHABI MODERN HIGH SCHOOL UAE
Business Bay Free Zone
Abu Dhabi, UAE
P.O Box 61396
Tel: +971586864918

I was asked the same thing once before in a job interview through the phone but I refused right away because it didn't make any sense to me.
Keep in your  mind that anyone wants you to send money to get something they offer, is a fraud !

Good luck in the future !

Good evening,
I have received the same mail on the same exact date that you get it on.
Listen i have not replied back but i was doing a research based on the salary and the accommodation that it will be enough for a living however i just found this site that everyone is calling is as a scam job offer but i would like to know what steps you have taken to confirm that this is actually a scam.Have you contacted the embassy or the police office or immigration in regards in any legal action to take.
Please advice in timely manner.

Thanks in advance.

To keep it simple;

How to verify it is a scam?:   it is a scam if they ask for ANY money for the job i.e. visa, ticket or any other fees.  This is against the law and NO genuine employer or recruitment firm does this in the UAE.   And then there is common sense and logic (put your excitement about a job offer aside and apply this) i.e.

1) Why would anyone offer you a job via email without rigorous interviews and assessments? 
2) Why would a legitimate organization, and that too, an education sector entity, send a badly spelled and grammatically incorrect email? 
3) Why would they use a personal email address like outlook.com and not their official email? 
4) Why would a travel agency process your work permit, when in the UAE, only employers can sponsor the visas?
5) Fake references to laws which will be uncovered in a second with a google search e.g. "Expatriate Statuary Law of UAE", besides the bad spelling, there is no such law.  Google the exact term and multiple scam warnings come up!
6) Fake references to authorities in an official letter e.g. "UAE Visa Authorities".  The correct department is called General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner Affairs

In addition, the UAE Ministry of interior has warned the public about such scams.  Also a lot of the OFW sites of Philippines in the UAE warn about that. Go and search on google for that.

Legal action: You will take legal action WHEN you have LOST the money.  And at that stage, who will you file the case against?  most of these people are not even based in the UAE and are instead using fake addresses and emails.  And even if they are in the UAE, to pursue a case when you are not here will take much time and money from you.

The easiest way to avoid it is to use common sense and recognize this is a scam.  And walk away.  The reason these people are successful is that desperate job seekers are willing to believe anything while ignoring all warning signs. 

I have personally had job seekers get angry at me when I tell them that this is a scam.  However, a month or two down the road, they message me, saying that they are upset and have lost their money and wanting me to give advice to get it back.  By that time it is too late.

You are right 😉