Skilled Worker Looking for PR

Dear Expats,

I am looking for a permanent visa in Melbourne, Australia and hope that some of you guys here have some tips for me to get the right direction.

I hold a 3 years Diploma in Machanical Engineering and along with 15 years relevant work experience as Service Engineer.  Currently working for a Swiss Company in India and also looked after some projects in Europe/China.

Please guide me how I can process for PR in Australia !!

Suggessions will be highly appericiated !!

Best regards,


Hi Sanjeev,

There is an article in the guide, i invite you to read it. It might help you in your search.

Click here  > Permanent residency in Australia

Good luck,

Thanks Christine !!

Dear Expats,

I have gone through the suggested article but the information provided is for the people who are already living in Australia for 2 years or for partner visa etc.

To get PR visa, should I apply some other visa ??

For PR you have to be living and working in Australia first.  So you need to find a job, work here and then apply for PR.

Thanks Stumpy !

as you are outside australia i suggest you apply for subclass 189 or 457 and migrate with a PR. i applied for subclass 189 and received australian Pr invitation within a time period of 3 months. the more score you obtain the earlier you get the invite. do some research before coming to australia and see which parts of the country have opportunities according to your skills. access linkedin and job search sites as well.

Thanks Richie4u... for your suggession.

I have passed out Three Year Diploma in Mechnaical Engg and have working experience for approx 18 Years. This Diploma is acceptable in Australia ? in which catagory it comes ?

Anz suggession ?

New topic