Dating a Dominican man

I'm 54, AA woman that's been on a dating site for some months. I met a man from the DR that answered my profile. We have been talking, video chat and so forth for almost 2 months. After the second week I started looking at the culture of the country and came across a lot of info on the scams there. A little about the guy...He is 13 yrs younger, 1 daughter, came on strong but has begun to push back a little because he wants us to get to know each other. He has not asked for ANYTHING but after New Years, he slowed down the calling, conversations changed a little, then something happened. He claimed he got robbed of his cell phone and everything he had. He talked to me through text twice in 5 days after the incident. He wouldn't answer when I would call. When he finallty got back in touch with me he appeared to be upset because I didn't offer to help! I mean he sounded furious, saying if I cared I would have reached out. In closing, he says he wants to meet and do believe Im the one for him 🤔 but he is waiting on God. He use to send pictures of himself but that has stopped. Of course he has said the “ I love you “ line already but that has slowed down too. When we video chat he is always in what appears to be the bathroom. He use to be in a different room and sometimes outside. What should I be looking for? Sounds almost like the ones I've met in the states!
Comments please!!

Run do not walk!

Come on sweetie, you KNOW what's up!  He put in enough time and effort to find out if you were an easy mark.

Only you can decide if you are or not.

Why do you have to ask?

Lol! That's an understatement! They are in-freakin-believable!