S pass rejected and waiting for appeal now

Hi ALL
i have few questions regarding the s pass rejection.
just wanna share my info here.
im malaysian chinese and 26 this year. i have one year plus working experience in Singapore and i was a workpermit holder in previous company.

my last drawn salary is 2600 sgd and my new company offers 3100 sgd.
bachelor degree with first class honours ( recognized by MOM)

my s pass was rejected on 27 dec 2018 and new company hr submitted the appeal on 28 dec 2018. Currently, i am still waiting for my s pass appeal and it has been more than 3 weeks.
initially, my commencement date was 17 dec 2018 stated in my contract and i informed my hr i will be going to overseas on 17 dec 2018 until 5 january 2019. my hr told me it was okay to take no pay leave and actual start date was 7 january 2019. i came back from overseas on 5 January 2018.
will their system detect that im not in singapore during start date stated in my contract thus affecting my s pass application?

thank you and have a nice day!!!

Start date shouldn't have an issue as MoM approves the pass based on various yardsticks (read our open threads to understand).

The possible reason of rejection was your earlier record. As you mention that you have a recognised degree then your earlier pass should be S pass or EP, NOT work permit (which is meant for blue collar jobs).

Did you ask your employer what was the reason for rejection? MoM must have mentioned a line or two.

As we have said numerous times that the appeal without addressing the reason won't give you positive response. So, check with your employer and they can reach out MoM for their feedback. Good luck

Hi, Surya.

thank you for your reply

my previous company hired all foreigners w work permit tho most of them have degree cert. i'm not sure how but they say they dont apply s pass or even e pass for foreigners (i'm working in the science field).

I called my current employer and he claimed that mom didnt mention any reason for rejection and MOM just asked us to wait because the result is still pending .

Will mom actually state the reason if my employer asked for it? Can we call mom to ask whether my previous employment's workpermit was the reason for rejection?  Cause for now my hr only wrote a letter of appeal without additional infos and we're still waiting for the result.

thank you

I'm surprised that your employer didn't know the reason of rejection. Then on what basis they appealed?

Yes, your employer should have reached MoM to find out the reason (MoM may not give in details but they always give hints) before they appeal. Ask them to reach out MoM to find out, if they didn't earlier.

pimpleboy1998 wrote:

will their system detect that im not in singapore during start date stated in my contract thus affecting my s pass application?

Your employment with the company can only start AFTER your work pass is approved.
Any start date before that, even if written in the contract, is invalid and has no meaning!

thx for your reply.

Currently, it has been more than 18 working days since the day they submitted the appeal.
will keep u all updated once i receive the results.

thx

Hi Guys,

i got an update from my hr today and he said that MOM gave him a text
on 15 January 2019 saying that
MOM needs another 2 weeks to review my application.
is that a good or bad thing?

thank you

Neither good nor bad, just info.

pimpleboy1998 wrote:

Hi Guys,

i got an update from my hr today and he said that MOM gave him a text
on 15 January 2019 saying that
MOM needs another 2 weeks to review my application.
is that a good or bad thing?

thank you

Any update on your application ? I have the similar case where my employer has applied against my rejected application.

Hi, my appeal status is still pending since 28 Dec 2018. almost 2 months.

You never look for the other offer instead ?