English television

Can anyone suggest a good TV box that will connect my fibre optic connection (up to 500mbps) to my TV for unbroken programs that is easy to navigate , we have tried several different boxes varying in cost from €150-.€250 + and up to €35 per month and still very poor transmission of UK channels ?

It might seem just a technicality to some but I do not believe there is any way to 100% LEGALLY receive  U.K. TV in spain

I know many people do just that by various means and there are adverts on the internet to supply.   

I am just saying what I believe is the legal situation. 

I have today confirmed with Sky.com that even with SKY GO they cannot supply people who live in Spain.

Thus if you do it you know what you are doing

Good luck

Have a look on the ITV website, if you want the catch up without adverts it stares you can watch abroad

Ad-free
Watch abroad
Download on iOS
Unlimited on demand
6 live channels
Full series boxsets
£3.99 per month

https://www.itv.com/hub/plus

Hi everyone,
Just an update on our TV problems.
We've had several months of fairly reasonable UK Tv channels via Mucho TV , but is now proving to be erratic just lately,
Just wondering if anyone has found a better solution recently, any help would be appreciated,
Regards
Martin

Martin,

I have sent you a PM.

Hi all,

The only way I've found of doing it is by using a VPN, then connect directly to the required service (BBC i-player, ITV-player etc).  I never had a problem doing it this way, but my use was at best intermittent.  Problem is they charge a monthly fee to use the VPN; this link will take you to a Cnet webpage where it lists what they think are the best providers of these services.

Using a VPN is not in itself illegal; many people do it for the security benefits; however, as Johncar points out above, it may not be legal to connect to some internet services.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Cynic, whilst I agree with you, I have found that both the BBC and ITV  are able to detect when an IP address of a VPN is used, by high volume, and they block it.

I have a Life time suscripción to highly recommened VPN.

Hi,

I am using a firestick with VPN and have all the UK catch up services working 100% BBC iplayer, ITV player, All 4 etc,.

IPTV - Lots of providers but can be a bit hit and miss, especially when football is on, and also the frame rate is shocking - they all get the feeds from the same place i believe.

For the Football - i use Hulu - US NBCSN - great coverage and good pre show - DAZN Canada - shows all games but that is about it.  Both great frame rate and always work.

Just connect the VPN to what ever country you want UK, US CA etc .

Sky Go and virgin media only work from laptop or ipad - you cannot cast to TV but can connect to TV with VGA, as SKY detect and block HDMI connections.

Really you need a FTTH connection.

Not sure if there is a demand for this type of set up.