Botanical gardens in Haidari Athens

I just wanted to recommend Haidari Botanical gardens to you all,its on the main road as you come up from Agia Marina metro station,buses pass from there to go to it or taxi.Its a magical place to visit,you can bring the children or you can jog,no ball games or bikes or dogs,RUBBISH not permitted.Picnics you can but take home or pop in the bin rubbish.You can read about this serene calm, cool in the summer place on line,leave the mad city behind,hours of walking and it has a cafe under the trees,a little expensive but I had a nice fruit smoothie there.Its best to phone about the opening hours because I think they have extended them in the evenings for the lighter nights as I still saw cars there around nine in the evenings last year so make a call on..2105811557,it says 8-2 week days and 10-3 weekends but I think later as the nights draw out.Its such a wonderful place to go.

Just to add that the gardens are very close by from the metro so the taxi wont be much,a few minutes,you can flag down a taxi to return again.