Hopkins Rd

I will be driving to Hopkins next month, and I saw something on another forum about Hopkins Rd becoming one-way. Anyone know if they are talking about South Rd? I don't see how Hopkins Rd can be a one-way.

The road through the village is one way (South), at least that's what the signs say.  However this is Belize and a lot of drivers (including many of the delivery trucks, taxis, motor bikes, local police) take no notice. Approaching the village from the South you go round a bend, then turn left across the oncoming traffic to go north along a dirt road. Take care, and good luck when you drive round Hopkins!!
The road in and out of Hopkins is a more normal two-way road.

Great, thanks for the info.  I understand what they are trying to do, and it would be good for Hopkins businesses  on the back side, if they can make it work.

One is tempted to ask if the author of this scheme, has a driving licence.  one of the main village stores is 150 yds. from Hopkins central junction.  residents north of the junction, visiting the store, then will need to drive half a mile south to return on the backroad, which is ill defined and two way.   there is no straight link road.
      I understand that the change needs government approval.no idea whether it has been applied for.