Resident/Work Permit

Hi everyone.
I'm working in Dubai - UAE and transferring to same company in Amsterdam, I got my offer letter, but my move is on hold as my Amsterdam office is not listed to recognize my sponsorship for my residence permit. They have registered to get listed and it takes a long way since last 4 months and still goes on.
can anyone suggest me any way to find the solution either for my Move or get the company listed sooner, which will make my life much smoother.

thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm assuming we're discussing a highly-skilled migrant (HSM) visa; one of the absolute requirements is that the sponsor must be registered with the IND and until they are, then they cannot sponsor an HSM visa.

The situation is out of your control, I'm afraid you're stuck until this is resolved.

You could apply in your own right for a routine MVV visa, but that would mean you going through the Dutch integration exam (learn Dutch) and would almost certainly not expedite your situation - you would have to learn Dutch, pass the exam, then a potential further 6 week wait for the visa to be issued.

Don't think I've helped much, but I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved.

Cynic
Expat Team