Continuing self employment when moving to the Netherlands

Hi everyone,

I've started watching the video pinned in the forum regarding self employment and running a business in the Netherlands but it doesn't seem to apply to what I do as I'm not looking to create a start up, employ anyone, etc.

I'll be moving from the UK to The Hague (most likely, still looking for a house but that's another story) in about 4 weeks time. My husband has been offered a job at the University in Delft - he is Polish so has a European passport, I'm British and have a UK passport, which I assume might create its own problems after Brexit🙄 Currently in the UK I'm self employed, I have an online shop where I sell handmade jewellery. It's not a huge income but it is enough, and I hope to grow it more. All I need to do is figure out what paperwork, permits etc I need to continue my working from home and paying taxes once I've moved. As I'm from the UK I don't think I'll need a residency or work permit (currently..) but I'm not sure what I do need to do? Any advice appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

This link will help you answer your questions regarding self-employment in the Netherlands.

With regard to your status, even if Brexit does totally mess up our lives, your husband is an EU citizen and can live/work anywhere in the EU; as his spouse, you have the right to join him, so don't worry about it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team