A question to Australian Vietnam Veterans living in Vietnam

I served here in 68/69 and since 2012, have returned many times until 2017 when I decided to live here permanently.  That was five months ago. 
         Now I am led to believe that us veterans have been excused from having to return to Australia on a regular basis to retain our pensions, unlike for the ordinary Aussie citizen who has to return every six months.
         So could one of you living here be able to confirm if this is true?  Your reply would be greatly appreciated.   Thankyou.     Bill

pogopop :

I served here in 68/69 and since 2012, have returned many times until 2017 when I decided to live here permanently.  That was five months ago. 
         Now I am led to believe that us veterans have been excused from having to return to Australia on a regular basis to retain our pensions, unlike for the ordinary Aussie citizen who has to return every six months.
         So could one of you living here be able to confirm if this is true?  Your reply would be greatly appreciated.   Thankyou.     Bill

Sorry mate, sounds like a furphy to me, but this mob might show you what the reality is...

International Living Australia
postcards[at]ilaustralia.com

..me?   ..just another escapee from 'the great southern suffering'...   

..gratefully...       :idontagree:

Wouldn't the Australian consulate know? or better yet, whatever ministry who pays you?

I'd like the answer in writing in any case, and I don't mean from us!