Philippine Airlines Questions

Hi,

I am flying to Manila Tuesday, and have not flown commercial in a long time.  Does the airline have USB charging ports for my phone?  Also, do they have an AC charging port in case I need to recharge my laptop?

Hi buddy

Don't bet on it. Best to have a power bank ready for your mobile. Same goes for the laptop. The flight is not amazingly equipped.

Also, good to have a gang of extension wire.

Thanks. I have a power bank, but it isn't very big.  Guess I can make do.

I take it you are flying PAL (Philippine Airlines).  If so then some planes do and some don't, most do.  Gradually the planes are all being updated to have USB chargers in them.

If it is an older plane without tv screens in the head rest in front of your seat, then make sure you down load myPal player and or Pal  InAir  (Pal) so you can watch movies on your phone if you want to.  These ones will have USB chargers.

I flew PAL economy class from Manila to San Francisco about two months ago.  At that time there were no USB outlets and no plugs to power your laptop.  PAL is still far behind other airlines when it comes to economy cabin amenities.

PAL has both in Premium Economy..

*Edit* I see this is an old thread.. so informational only..

I went 3 times last year. On your long flight which mine was 14 or 15 hrs.  They have usb port for you. Some plug in under handle others plug into your tv