RP transfer

Morning everyone,

I am in the process of transferring my Bahraini RP from my current private employer to my husband company.

The HR team of my husband company at first has advised me to fill out a couple of sections of a  form called "Application Form for Visa and Residence Permit" where apparently there is also a section (marked in red) which is supposed to be signed from my current employer/sponsor who agree to release me.

I have done that but when I handed in the form along with some other documents (passport etc) the HR team has checked all my documents again and they advised that actually my current employer will need to cancel my VISA/RP first and that only then they will be able to start the process, from scratch.

Now, I wanna make sure with you guys on which is the right way to proceed. I trust the HR guys, they process hundreds of similar application every year but I wanna check with you too.

Thanks.

Have a nice weekend all.

You haven't given details.

Is your current work permit / RP through LMRA?  is your husband's company providing work permit also through LMRA?  Are you moving from a work visa to a dependent visa?  Are you moving from a work visa to an investor visa?

Because if it is LMRA to LMRA & work visa to work visa, there is NO need to fill out forms or indeed even cancel the visa; the transfer can be done online.   Only exceptions would be transfer between LMRA/Non-LMRA entities and / or visa types i.e. work to investor where the visa MUST be cancelled.

So basically, without more details, it is difficult for anyone to answer.

Hi XTang. Thanks for your reply. Indeed, let me provide you with some more details.

My current work permit it's not through LMRA. Yes my husband company provide work permits also through LMRA. I will be moving from a work visa (housemaid) to a dependant VISA. In other words my husband company will be my new sponsor....I will not be working.

Thanks.

Then your HR is correct, your current visa would need to be cancelled.  There is no transfer from housemaid visa to any other type of visa.

And one more question since you are so efficient.  I guess that once my VISA has been cancelled I can start the process with my husband company straight away? Will I need to complete the process within a month?

Thanks very much XTang.

Yes straight away and have to complete within a month.

Are they going to cancel my current CPR and provide me with a new one as well?

No. Same CPR but chip needs to be updated.

Hi again XTang. Everything worked out quite nicely. I have now got a family visa/RP, a new sticker has been attached on my passport and I have done the bio-metrics.  Just need to update my CPR which won't happen before 2 weeks as my landlord is currently out of Bahrain and can't provide me with a municipality letter before then.

It is probably a stupid question but I wonder if in the mean time I can travel in and out of Bahrain.

Thanks.

Great news. Yes you can. Cpr status doesn't matter for travel. Only RP does.... Which you have.