Conversion of foreign driving license to local one

Hello everybody,

Following the announcement of last September 14 regarding the suspension of the conversion of foreign license into loca one, has anyone information if this is a temporary situation  or not?
Has anyone seen JPJ on this topic  - recently?

Thanks for your help

www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/09/ … ng-menace/

Apparently this is why the conversion was suspended. No idea if it will be reinstated.

still suspended

Do you need to have the following documents when you drive in Malaysia if a Malaysian driving license is not available:

1) foreign driving license (if with Malay or English translation)
or
2) IDP
or
3) foreign driving license and IDP

Is it a question or a statement?

I have the same question as the post, is it still suspended?
I already had my own driving license and IDP. Is it legal for foreigners to drive the car in Malaysia?  Or have to take driving classes (But the cost for that too expensive and very hard to arrange the time to go to class). Has anyone can give some suggestion to me how to make it better? :)

Thanks for your help!

P/s: I knew it better go to school to take the class, but it quite inconvenience.

Thanh2019 :

I have the same question as the post, is it still suspended?
I already had my own driving license and IDP. Is it legal for foreigners to drive the car in Malaysia?  Or have to take driving classes (But the cost for that too expensive and very hard to arrange the time to go to class). Has anyone can give some suggestion to me how to make it better? :)

Thanks for your help!

P/s: I knew it better go to school to take the class, but it quite inconvenience.

Still suspended as far as I know.

I don't know the letter of the law, but this is my inexpert opinion based upon the research I've done:
If you have 1) A currently valid driving licence from you home country AND 2) your country was a signatory to the 1949 Convention AND 3) you have a so-called 1949 type IDP .... then you're clear and free to drive.
Not all of the above may be necessary - I'm talking belt and braces here.