Sabah MM2H still going whilst Peninsular suspended

It's very difficult to find official information about MM2H in Sabah as they hardly seem to promote it. However, this article appeared recently:

DCM glad MM2H is not suspended here

Liew, who is Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister, was commenting on media reports that the Federal Government has suspended the scheme in West Malaysia.

Briefing the Minister on the current status of MM2H, Chong said the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (Motac) has stopped processing applications from interested parties intending to make West Malaysia their second home.

"However, MM2H Sabah is not adversely affected for now," he said in response to public queries.

I phoned Sabah Immigration to find out about the financial requirements, and they are exactly the same as the Peninsular MM2H scheme. The contact number is +60 88 488 813.

NB: Sarawak has lower financial requirements and a relatively speedy application process, but you need to find a resident Sarawakian sponsor. There's a long thread on this forum with details.

If your Sarawak MM2H application is done though an agent,  do they usually find a resident Sarawakian sponsor for you at the same time?

If your Sarawak MM2H application is done though an agent,  do they usually find a resident Sarawakian sponsor for you at the same time?

They claim to, but there is a lot of confusion about the legality of their services because the Sarawak MM2H rules state that agents and middlemen are not allowed. I have not applied so I don't know.

Without the sponsor requirement it would be very simple to submit the application yourself if you can go to Kuching.