Irish Work Permits South Africans (no Critical Skills )

I'm a 23 year old South African female planning to relocate to Ireland by late 2020/ early 2021.

I am currently a second year Criminology student and working at a local bank as a multifunctional consultant.

If I understand correctly I will not need a Visa but will need to apply for a work permit.  However, as far as I can see  I will only be eligable for a permit if I have a qualification on the critical skills list.

Is there any way I can get a work permit for a "regular job"? For example, can I apply to an Irish bank?

Can I stay in Ireland for 3 months (traveling) searching for a job and then apply for a work permit while I'm there if I find one?

I just need some help knowing  where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You will need a work permit, but you won't get one for a "regular job" unless it's on the critical skills list.

As for the staying; it's probably best if I steer you toward the Irish Government home page for Immigration; this link will take you there.  There is a process there that you can follow that should answer your questions; there is also a contact section for your specific "difficult" questions.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello An-Mari,

I am in an extremely similar position to you. Did you by any chance answer any of your questions?