Medical Insurance

Hello,
I am traveling to Turkey for 3 months to visit my husband who is a Turkish citizen. I was told that I will need to buy medical insurance because I am not a Turkish citizen but now my husband is being told that I don't need it because I can use his? I looked up expat insurance from the USA and it's very expensive and now I'm not sure if I need it. Any help would be appreciated.

hi there,
i m not expert but as i knew, you dont need. bcs you already have it through yr husband.
but: did you get married in turkey or another country? if another country, first you should register it to turkish authorities too if have not done it yet. if you got married in turkey, or already registered it, then no problem. but; you still need to deal with some paper work under social security instution to benefit it. i have no idea whether you will be forced to get additional medical insurance unless you finalise this paper work.
cheers

h_ablak wrote:

Hello,
I am traveling to Turkey for 3 months to visit my husband who is a Turkish citizen. I was told that I will need to buy medical insurance because I am not a Turkish citizen but now my husband is being told that I don't need it because I can use his? I looked up expat insurance from the USA and it's very expensive and now I'm not sure if I need it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

When you come to Turkey, Call this number: 170
and tell them you want to use your husband's insurance while you are in Turkey and they make the arrangments over the phone. I can confirm this by experience.

Enjoy your stay with your husband :top:

no need for insurance because you can stay here for three months,and you have European passport,this will make things easier.

but if you want to apply for Turkish residence,then you need health insurance.